1/48 Tamiya F-14A Tomcat - VF-41 Black Aces

It's all done and I'm happy with the result

I've posted a full article with more images and details at my blog.  But if you're not interested in that here's some images 

F-14_A-35.jpg

F-14_A-38.jpg

F-14_A-40.jpg

F-14_A-44.jpg

F-14_A-47.jpg

F-14_A-50.jpg

F-14_A-54.jpg

F-14_A-31.jpg

F-14_A-27.jpg

F-14_A-34.jpg

Edited by a4s4eva

Beautiful! Anything you would do differently next time other than your remarks in your WIP? I am going to attempt this kit someday, so trying to learn as much as I can. 

My only recommendation, if I may, is to flat coat the base. It's a tad bit shiny right now. 

8 hours ago, Janissary said:

Beautiful! Anything you would do differently next time other than your remarks in your WIP? I am going to attempt this kit someday, so trying to learn as much as I can. 

My only recommendation, if I may, is to flat coat the base. It's a tad bit shiny right now. 

yeah, I'll do that in the future. It's not helped by the lights right above it

8 hours ago, Bob Beary said:

Great model and superlative photography!!

How do you light your photo set up so that the model is well lit, yet the background and base remain jet black?

Thanks,  Bob

Hi Bob,  the raw image out the camera is nowhere like that, the black is really dark grey. Post processing with Corel aftershot pro and paintshop pro corrects that. Here's a short video on how I use those products

I actually found it really difficult to get good images with the black background.