This is the old AMT kit from the 1980's, with the rear area heavily modified. Most of the work was done 15 years ago but I never got around to the final touches of finishing and display until the past year. Now THERE'S procrastination for you!

When I did this 15 years ago I came across an article from a French builder showing how the area between the engine exhausts needed complete rebuilding; I did so and went even further, and I must say it really makes all the difference! Also replaced the actual engine vector rings with scratchbuilt items based on the tube from a glue-stick. The Torpedo tubes were also opened up.

But my real pride is the painting, which was more trouble than I think my current middle-aged self would go to. I did everything I could to match every blemish and paint peeling in the famous studio model photos. 

Enjoy!

Eth8V7q.jpg

PAISSLK.jpg

tAvBJLF.jpg

QH1Fpfr.jpg

XQcvWXW.jpg

VUpHZL7.jpg

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

Nice work Andrew, no need to worry about how long a project takes as long as the end result is to your satisfaction. For my AMT A-W i added a crew member from a Tamiya 1/48 Lancaster as it looked good enough as a seated pilot.

Jari