How to lose your sanity in few hours (1/72 Mig-29 Digicamo)

Hi, this is my long overdue project (1/72 Fujimi Mig-29) which I shelved because of the complexity of the camouflage. Recently I said to myself, I can do this. I removed the previous masking and repaint the dark color first then re-masked it again. I took 2 hours each color to mask (6 hours now and running) and still need last color.

1F62FB48-7804-49D1-98F5-D4562E11DAC7_zps

Thanks for looking.

Edited by riversphynxz

Surely a tedious job and will look great when finished, but I have to say (and I'm a real killjoy now, I know...) what a shame that the starting point itself - the Fujimi kit - is so off. :)

Nuts! I just finished my Trumpy 1/32 Flanker in Ukrainian Splinter Camo by hand masking and I'll elect NOT to do it again without cheating with pre-made masks or possibly decals. I can't imagine the tedious masking you are putting into this.

Yeah, i am a bit confused why you choose Fujimi kit as it is old, very inaccurate and fairly obscure. I mean if you dont particularly care about accuracy that is fine, just combination of all of those things make it a bit odd choice.

But excellent camo, hope you still have your sanity. :)

I decided to depict a possible future fighter aircraft of Philippine AF. I've used the logo pf the 6th TFS (circle) and added a full body cobra to make it more modern looking fighter. I've used a laser printer to print the decals. Few more bits and pieces, she'll be ready for a photoshoot! 

827B8476-9C95-4B91-BCE4-F8A99B468CA2_zps

Thanks for looking.

Edited by riversphynxz