3 hours ago, Tank said:

Thanks for the cup of STFU :thumbsup: , questions answered. 

Too funny.  You're welcome.  LOL

2 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

Where did you get those clamps from? I'd love to grab a bunch myself.

I believe I got them at Harbor Freight. 

Thanks all for the kind words

Floyd

Just an FYI, I had to send one of my kits back to Squadron, because it was broken.  They told me that they are out of stock and had no idea the sales would be as good as they were.  The bad part is that there is nothing available right now.  Th good part is they are selling much better than expected so we can hope Kitty Hawk will continue to explore other scales and other helos.  

3 hours ago, huey_crew_chief said:

Just an FYI, I had to send one of my kits back to Squadron, because it was broken.  They told me that they are out of stock and had no idea the sales would be as good as they were.  The bad part is that there is nothing available right now.  Th good part is they are selling much better than expected so we can hope Kitty Hawk will continue to explore other scales and other helos.  

Is it that support across the top of the door?  I wonder if they'd sell it to me at a reduced price?

Floyd

3 hours ago, huey_crew_chief said:

That was the only thing..I should have just kept it

How did you get it from them? I did the pre-order thing with them, and they told me they weren't releasing the kit until Mid-July.

Brad

3 minutes ago, Brad-M said:

How did you get it from them? I did the pre-order thing with them, and they told me they weren't releasing the kit until Mid-July.

Brad

I ordered two as soon as they listed them.  I got them a week or two ago, but one was broken.  I wonder if they are going to make any corrections

5 hours ago, huey_crew_chief said:

I ordered two as soon as they listed them.  I got them a week or two ago, but one was broken.  I wonder if they are going to make any corrections

That is what Floyd and I are trying to make happen.  That's one of the big points of our builds.  You will notice the subheading to this thread is "building the pre-production model".  My hope is there just happened to be 500 pre-production models of this kit!

Ray

8 hours ago, Brad-M said:

Brad

When I emailed yesterday they said by the end of the month if not sooner.

8 hours ago, rotorwash said:

That is what Floyd and I are trying to make happen.  That's one of the big points of our builds.  You will notice the subheading to this thread is "building the pre-production model".  My hope is there just happened to be 500 pre-production models of this kit!

Ray

Any way to check with KH to see if any changes were made?

2 hours ago, huey_crew_chief said:

Any way to check with KH to see if any changes were made?

Oh, I think Floyd and I will know if they make changes.  Glen may also reply to your question directly here I suppose.  

Ray

OK so apparently there will be no changes or if they are there will not be a new sprue.  I'm disappointed in that.  But that just means that Werner's Wings will correct and add some stuff that wasn't included.  We are working on the antenna standoffs for the tailboom already.  They are at the resin casters already.  There are two types and we have them both.

We are going to try to do IPS, APR-39 antenna mounts, IR Heat shields for the engine and oil cooler, toilet bowl exhausts and first aid kits.  We may attempt a larger ammo bag and 20mm boxes. 

I doubt we will do an the NVG lights or the newer style stab bar counterweights.

We'll also try to do new soundproofing with the mounts for the transmission properly placed.  I think this is the only really big thing on the kit.  I believe KH is working on this though for subsequent kits.  When we do we'll 'fix' the holes for the soundproofing so that there are the correct number. And down the road we may even do rear walls without the soundproofing. It doesn't hurt to dream.  I'd like to do a new quilted roof as well with the appropriate cutouts.  We'll see. 

If you know anyone that does CAD let me know.

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
Forgot to add KH stuff
On 6/8/2017 at 10:14 AM, salvador001 said:

Looks great, but why did they make the cabin center long seat bench in 3 separate seats?? That is not like that, it will requiere some work, They have only one support rod for each seat, in real life there are tons of rod supports, it can be made from scratch but too bad the model came like this.

Rod.

That's because there WERE 3 separate seats.

Bo

On 6/8/2017 at 10:31 AM, CharlieUH-1H said:

Man! those pilot seats looks PERFECT!

Well, not perfect, but close enuff that I can fix it!!  The Right inside armor piece set at an angle to the back and not just a 90 degree bend as is the left seat. Easy fix.

Do wish the outside separate slide plates were separate so modeler could pose doors open and ready for pilots to egress or exit.

Bo

On 6/12/2017 at 9:14 PM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Nothing on Sunday.  Spent it with the family.  Today I made some headway.  The Instrument panel was completed and attached.  The fire extinguisher was added before I lost it.  The weathering of the interior took place too.  First was a wash of burnt umber artist oils over the flat paint.  Then some chipping with a worn brush and a sponge for wear.  The Vietnam dirt was added next with Mig Pigments.  The seats were hit with some Mig Pigments green for variety in the 'fabric'. 

Floyd

Instrument panel completed.

IMG_2351_zpsjtrrbakm.jpg

Instrument panel and center console added permanently.

IMG_2353_zpsjkbi2ppu.jpg

Interior weathered.

IMG_2352_zpsqrn6ksr5.jpg

Just some of the seat belt bending going on.  This isn't even half of them.  The tough thing is to get them to look like fabric bends.

IMG_2354_zpspl5v6fzw.jpg

Add the CLOCK to lower Rt. Inst Panel.  When ya pulled the trigger with left hand, ya hit to clock with Right Hand to count ?? 30 seconds to hit 40 percent gas producer???  It's been awhile.  But the Clock WAS on lower right side.

EDIT: And the ash tray!!  WE all smoked back then!!  LOL!!

Bo

Edited by jabow
5 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

OK so apparently there will be no changes or if they are there will not be a new sprue.  I'm disappointed in that.  But that just means that Werner's Wings will correct and add some stuff that wasn't included.  We are working on the antenna standoffs for the tailboom already.  They are at the resin casters already.  There are two types and we have them both.

We are going to try to do IPS, APR-39 antenna mounts, IR Heat shields for the engine and oil cooler, toilet bowl exhausts and first aid kits.  We may attempt a larger ammo bag and 20mm boxes. 

I doubt we will do an the NVG lights or the newer style stab bar counterweights.

We'll also try to do new soundproofing with the mounts for the transmission properly placed.  I think this is the only really big thing on the kit.  I believe KH is working on this though for subsequent kits.  When we do we'll 'fix' the holes for the soundproofing so that there are the correct number. And down the road we may even do rear walls without the soundproofing. It doesn't hurt to dream.  I'd like to do a new quilted roof as well with the appropriate cutouts.  We'll see. 

If you know anyone that does CAD let me know.

Floyd

So the only thing KH is going to fix is the xmsn mounts?  Will this be a fix on this series kits, just later production?

On 6/22/2017 at 10:31 AM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

What about the Wire Strike kit?  This was present on every updated UH-1H flown by the US.  

1 hour ago, salvador001 said:

What are the xmsn mounts?

Rod.

Xsmn is short for transmission. They're probably talking about the main rotor gearbox. It's what the shaft sticks out of on the model.

Tim

3 hours ago, salvador001 said:

What are the xmsn mounts?

The things that are missing from B28 and B29 to position the part that mounts the vertical part of the mast.

1 hour ago, 11bee said:

What about the Wire Strike kit?  This was present on every updated UH-1H flown by the US.  

The WSPS came about in the 80s.  Along with a bunch of other upgrades.

Floyd

So progress has been slow as the grandkids are at the house so I don't get that much time to do stuff. 

Here I've painted the greenhouse with Ammo Crystal Green.  It worked well I think.

Step 1 paint the yellow around the door opening

IMG_2462_zpsydvmlfeg.jpg

Step 2- mask off the greenhouse areas.

IMG_2463_zpshrybok0j.jpg

Step 3- Testing the green on the bulged windows.  Test successful.  by the way, you can remove the paint with the Ammo Thinner without damaging the clear parts.

IMG_2464_zpsoymsuyak.jpg

Step 4- Spray the Ammo Crystal Green on the INSIDE

IMG_2465_zpsqy3paadr.jpg

Step 5- Remove the tape and admire the work.  The windscreen is NOT glued on and is just sitting on the model.  Still work to do on the inside but you can see the fit is near perfect.

IMG_2466_zpsgzyvvkh2.jpg

IMG_2467_zps2qiywhvv.jpg

Added the roof.  Tape and clamps are holding it in place overnight.

IMG_2461_zpsuvi7mhut.jpg

One thing I noticed was that part A17 the overhead panel does not have any detail on it but the instructions shows plenty.  Not sure what happened there.

IMG_2468_zpscyhjxlbu.jpg