2 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

The WSPS came about in the 80s.  Along with a bunch of other upgrades.

That was my point, why make the other bits if there is no WSPS available?    Won't see a Huey with those parts without the wire strike kit as well.  

Ohh noooo, why didnt they detailed the upper console?? They need to fix this issue now. I dont have the kit but after seeing the rotor build up, ive noticed that a part is missing, the collective lever, the part that is just underneath the swashplate. Is this included or not?

Rod.

18 minutes ago, 11bee said:

That was my point, why make the other bits if there is no WSPS available?    Won't see a Huey with those parts without the wire strike kit as well.  

The UH1H had virtually no substantial upgrades since the T53L13 was installed (making existing D models H models).  The early 80s brought the APR 39s, which not all Army hueys had them.  Then came the Wire strike system and NVG lights in the mid 80s.  All H/V models got these with the exception of the EH1X aircraft.  The latest and last mods were the GPS either mounted on the Wire cutter or someplace on the roof,  the improved partical separator, again not on all of them and the ELT (emergency location transmitter) This is a little black rectangular box  on the inside of the port A pillar, just behind the pilot's seat.  The Victors had a glide slope indicator and a radar altimeter, which were two softball sized circles on the belly, by the chin bubbles. All these things can be easily fabricated, with the exception of the IPS. and APR39 mounts.  I am sure that any resin will make up the majority of what is needed.     

Man oh man, I leave the thread for a week and there's so much deliciousness to take in! I think I need to put this on my birthday wishlist.

Top work Floyd, it looks brilliant! Just the fit of the windscreen is great to see.

3 hours ago, 11bee said:

The kit includes all the upper things for the WSPS.  The windshield deflectors, the two guides on the roof and the center cutter between the windshield and the upper cutter.  The only thing missing on the WSPS from the kit is the lower cutter.

2 hours ago, salvador001 said:

Ohh noooo, why didnt they detailed the upper console?? They need to fix this issue now. I dont have the kit but after seeing the rotor build up, ive noticed that a part is missing, the collective lever, the part that is just underneath the swashplate. Is this included or not?

I'll see what I can do but I don't expect them to correct it.  I may have to.  I did notice that there is no collective lever under the swashplate.  It is not included, nor is it on any other kit.  I don't recall it on the 1/35th one either. That doesn't make it right.

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
addition

It will be OK guys.  Floyd will fill the voids on this kit.  There a bunch of little things that are not right, but they are "righter" than any other kit,  We will have to do what we usually do and scratch built the small things.  The resin and photo etch that will come of for this kit will let you built it as accurate as you want it to be. I have not hear fo any kit out there that was 100 percent correct and had everything needed for its scale.  

5 hours ago, salvador001 said:

Rod.

Pretty sure it's there, Rod.  there are several control rods that aren't installed on they rotor yet as well as the scissor links.

Ray

12 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

The kit includes all the upper things for the WSPS.  The windshield deflectors, the two guides on the roof and the center cutter between the windshield and the upper cutter.  The only thing missing on the WSPS from the kit is the lower cutter. 

Floyd

Ohh...  That is excellent.   I didn't know the kit included everything except the missing lower cutter.   That's great news.   Maybe they were already posted but if not, could you or Ray post a pic of the windshield deflectors?   I'd love to see how they look in plastic.  

41 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Ohh...  That is excellent.   I didn't know the kit included everything except the missing lower cutter.   That's great news.   Maybe they were already posted but if not, could you or Ray post a pic of the windshield deflectors?   I'd love to see how they look in plastic.  

Here's an enlargement from another pic I posted earlier.  I will get a proper one for you later.  I assume you are talking about the windshield wiper deflectors.  There is also a raised guide down the center of the windscreen just like the actual aircraft.

Ray

Figure%2011%20Windshield%20defelectors_z

Just now, rotorwash said:

Here's an enlargement from another pic I posted earlier.  I will get a proper one for you later.  I assume you are talking about the windshield wiper deflectors.  There is also a raised guide down the center of the windscreen just like the actual aircraft.

Ray

Thanks Ray and yes, I was referring to the wiper deflectors.  Looks like we are in good shape.  Even if Floyd opts not to cast the missing lower cutter, that is a relatively easier fix than having to scratch build those deflectors.    Those two parts are impressive works of plastic molding.   I was worried they would be "clunky".  

I'm closing up my model.  One thing I noticed was that the fit of the engine compartment did not fit as well as I would have liked.  It was about .010 to small.  I determined that the addition would be added to the front.  So I glued the parts to a piece of .010 sheet plastic and let it dry overnight.  Then I came back and cleaned it up.  Now the fit is much better.  I'll share those photos next time.

Floyd

Engine compartment glued to the styrene sheet.

IMG_2476_zps11ilomhc.jpg

I primed the parts for the brass.  I still need a little more work fairing them in.

IMG_2477_zpsukzuvlwo.jpg

4 minutes ago, 11bee said:

How well do those PE screens fit?  IMO, that will be one of the major improvements of this kit.  Always hated having solid, textured plastic instead of actual semi-transparent mesh. 

They fit well.  The one will fit better with a slight bend to it at the top.  I didn't realize the slight curve until after taking the photos and filling the screen edges.
Floyd

Time to put some stuff on the clear parts.  When you drill the holes for the antennas leave the front hole alone as it is for the WSPS which isn’t on a Vietnam era Huey.

IMG_2638_zpswvcnj9wt.jpg

Filling the circles on the nose that aren’t on my UH-1H.

IMG_2625_zps4cqfom9p.jpg

Here the walk area has the rivets filled with an acrylic filler

IMG_2626_zpsouza3ye0.jpg

Here is the windscreen and the chin bubbles attached and waiting to dry.  I attached the windscreen with Tamiya Extra Thin and the chin bubbles with Elmer’s Glue.  I figured if I needed to repolish or remove it I could remove it easier with the Elmer’s.

IMG_2639_zpsd8yoetoc.jpg

IMG_2639_zpsd8yoetoc.jpg

I was hoping that the Eduard UH-1Y masks would work on the UH-1D.  They don’t.  Oh well.  Tamiya tape to the rescue

IMG_2644_zps4hpzv1qu.jpg

IMG_2644_zps4hpzv1qu.jpg

Then with all the windows masked I added foam into the door openings.

IMG_2646_zpsa7e5p8qy.jpg

Primer applied.  Awaiting to dry overnight before I inspect it. 

IMG_2647_zpszcflrsgb.jpg

IMG_2648_zpsofxw6lix.jpg

On ‎29‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 3:47 AM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

(...)

I was hoping that the Eduard UH-1Y masks would work on the UH-1D.  They don’t.  Oh well.  Tamiya tape to the rescue

IMG_2644_zps4hpzv1qu.jpg

Just stumbled over this one today:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1084744-dn-models-48-827-029-paint-masks-for-uh-1d-huey-helicopter-1-48-canopy-and-windows

I am not much of a -military-  Huey guy, but I follow this thread with interest. Awesome build!!!!

:cheers:

Gertjan