• 3 weeks later...

I have a CAD almost ready for 3D printing which may add some detail to the transmission.

I tried to work from the engine's Kaflex drive shaft to position the transmission and therefore the swash plate and rotor head.

This design is taken from a UH-1H with the later intake baffle which Floyd is offering in resin. I think the D model does not have the red rubber gaiters only a metal mesh cage as the air filters are under those forward facing scoops which do in fact hinge at the top. The early H models have the horizontal 4 folded mesh and fibre air filters and I guess the same red rubber gaiters.

If I am right the transmission 'floor' (there is no floor actually, just a metal frame) is a little higher than 5mm.

There are more photos here https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0yGf693ZG0L0Hn

res29.jpg

3 hours ago, StuartB said:

I have a CAD almost ready for 3D printing which may add some detail to the transmission.

I tried to work from the engine's Kaflex drive shaft to position the transmission and therefore the swash plate and rotor head.

This design is taken from a UH-1H with the later intake baffle which Floyd is offering in resin. I think the D model does not have the red rubber gaiters only a metal mesh cage as the air filters are under those forward facing scoops which do in fact hinge at the top. The early H models have the horizontal 4 folded mesh and fibre air filters and I guess the same red rubber gaiters.

If I am right the transmission 'floor' (there is no floor actually, just a metal frame) is a little higher than 5mm.

res29.jpg

NICE!

would love to see a fix for the rotor mast/dampers and the scissors which are reversed.

4 hours ago, StuartB said:

I'd love to see what you have.  We are working on correcting the rotor system.  Any interest in letting me put this set out?

The correction set and new decals will be out on Monday 9 April.

Floyd