• 1 month later...

Hi Floyd: just received my kit yesterday. What a beauty. One big question in your build all 4 of the main door windows are flat as per every Huey I flew over 22 years.  However the clear spruce in my kit only contains 2 flat windows and 2 bulged  windows!  Did I get the wrong set of clear parts and if so is there a contact at Kitty Hawk to obtain replacement windows? TIA John R 

PS can't wait for the 35th scale release and holding my breath until the hope for Vietnam era AH-1G comes true!

Hey John maybe you got a damaged sprue or short shot from the mould.  Main windows should be parts 2,3,6,7

Kittyhawk UH-1D Huey 48th scale (21).jpg

This is from Glen at Kittyhawk in another thread.

please email Sophia Lynm, tell her what is missing or defective, she will mail it to you.   sophialynm@gmail.com

later Glen

Edited by AndrewPerren
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2017 at 11:00 AM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Location tabs for the transmission are missing.  Kitty Hawk has been informed.  Stay tuned.  Remember this is a pre-production model so this is the type of thing I'm looking for.

IMG_2302%20-%20Copy_zpsd9fpwgtc.jpg

How should we allign this part (C17)? Parallel to the cockpit floor? Or with a slight fordward angle?

49 minutes ago, huey_crew_chief said:

Seriously, Are they going to fix this?  It is a great model, but this and the ceiling panel were big omissions,  

I don't know if they are but we at Werner's Wings will be as part of our correction set.  Measure down from the top of part to the TOP of the shelf.  It should be 5mm.  Which should align your transmission deck with the front of the engine as shown.

Floyd

VWkxCes.jpg

3 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I don't know if they are but we at Werner's Wings will be as part of our correction set.  Measure down from the top of part to the TOP of the shelf.  It should be 5mm.  Which should align your transmission deck with the front of the engine as shown.

Floyd

VWkxCes.jpg

Thanks Floyd. That takes care of the height. What about rotor mast angle with respect to the cabin floor?

This diagram shows the mast tilted fordward 5°. Is it right?

http://imgur.com/yzmpq2X

10 hours ago, diego84 said:

Thanks Floyd. That takes care of the height. What about rotor mast angle with respect to the cabin floor?

This diagram shows the mast tilted fordward 5°. Is it right?

http://imgur.com/yzmpq2X

The M/R mast is tilted forward and I'd say that 5 degrees is correct.  It does have an obvious, to-the-eye, forward tilt.

Excuse my late reply.

Bo

15 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Floyd

VWkxCes.jpg

What will the correction set include?  

7 hours ago, huey_crew_chief said:

This photo is puzzling to me.  The front of the engine would have the drive shaft into the transmission and there appears to be a Push/Pull tube in the way???  The smooth round area on transmission case looks like where the Main Drive Shaft would enter transmission???  Wonder if that smooth area shouldn't point toward the engine???  I know there's a key in the bottom of the transmission (Xmsn) case that aligns with key on that shelf it sets on; but, ....... ???  

My kit like Floyd's does NOT have guides to rest Xmsn shelf on, either.

So, the top of the Xmsn shelf should be 5 mm from top of rear side of forward Xmsn Island bulkhead???

Confusing, huh??

Bo

Demon 68

Edited by jabow
1 minute ago, jabow said:

Oh!!  It's 5 mm from the SIDES of the inner Xmsn Island??   Doesn't that shelf that the Xmsn sits on, slope down at the front???

Bo

Yes but I'm not that good at it.  MIne was a level at 5mm.  I can measure that.  I can't measure 5 degrees forward and 1 degree right.  I'm sorry I suck. LOL

Floyd

Just now, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Yes but I'm not that good at it.  MIne was a level at 5mm.  I can measure that.  I can't measure 5 degrees forward and 1 degree right.  I'm sorry I suck. LOL

Floyd

LOL!!!  Hope my Huey sucks this good!!  LOL!!  Standing Tall and Looking Good, I'd say!!

Bo

7 hours ago, huey_crew_chief said:

Let's see.  New B6, B28, B29 (Transmission box with the mounts and corrected 'holes'), new interior roof with lights and ICS boxes, first aid kits x4, 20mm ammo boxes for those so inclined, two styles of forward strakes for the nose, and Overhead panel with detail.  I think that is it.   That is what I hope to include.  That ought to make the kit as perfect as I can make it.

Floyd 

4 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Let's see.  New B6, B28, B29 (Transmission box with the mounts and corrected 'holes'), new interior roof with lights and ICS boxes, first aid kits x4, 20mm ammo boxes for those so inclined, two styles of forward strakes for the nose, and Overhead panel with detail.  I think that is it.   That is what I hope to include.  That ought to make the kit as perfect as I can make it.

Floyd 

Don't forget the map light on overhead.

I'm adding the air outlet at floor level on both aft cabin bulkheads.  But; I'm a bit loony!!

Bo

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...