CD72070 - 1/72 C-135 Family General Markings

I had to wait to get home from travel to have access to my notes/reference photos. You've got an RC-135V on the recon sheet in form of 64-4841, please also include the extra single static port that is just forward of the right rear cabin door on the "V" versions.

Cheers and thanks!

Hoops

2 hours ago, Hoops said:

I had to wait to get home from travel to have access to my notes/reference photos. You've got an RC-135V on the recon sheet in form of 64-4841, please also include the extra single static port that is just forward of the right rear cabin door on the "V" versions.

Cheers and thanks!

Hoops

I think there is a different static port on the port side of RC-135S as well - I will add these to the main sheet along with a small yellow corner piece to cut and modify the door outline for RC-135s. The black door outline really is only needed for modern KC-135Rs and will have to come from elsewhere - I included this on the modern KC-135R stencilling sheet which will be available once again soon. 

If you reprint the KC-135R Data sheet, fair enough.  I will pick up another one or two. What about including the small black stencil insignia for the Shamu scheme?

Edited by Dutch
On 7/30/2021 at 9:19 AM, KursadA said:

I think there is a different static port on the port side of RC-135S as well - I will add these to the main sheet along with a small yellow corner piece to cut and modify the door outline for RC-135s. The black door outline really is only needed for modern KC-135Rs and will have to come from elsewhere - I included this on the modern KC-135R stencilling sheet which will be available once again soon. 

Hooyah, thanks Kursad!

Hoops

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2021 at 11:21 AM, KursadA said:

CD72070 will be available for sale in the next batch of releases.

The general markings on the C/KC-135 series turned out to be a lot more diverse than I expected. This set basically contains the bare minimums needed for my upcoming SAC-era KC-135A, KC-135E/R and WC/RC-135 sheets (and a Shamu KC-135R sheet in the works). You will notice that it does not contain all the markings you need for a current KC-135R : for this, you will need to get the modern KC-135R stencil sheet which will be available once again with the reprint of CD72030 in a few months.

cd72070.jpg  cd72070b.jpg cd72070c.jpg 

cd72070d.jpg

Kursad - any further info on when this will be out? 

I'm about to drop an order, but if this is a week or two out, I'll wait and save on the shipping! 

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

This is ready but it will not be available until early December, at the same time as the three KC-135 & WC/RC-135 sets. I will soon post photos of the set.

Sounds good Kursad. I’ll place another order later then… going got go head and send this one! 

• 4 months later...

Sold out. I expected it to do well - but I did not expect people to order it by the dozen. The whole print run went out of the door at a furious rate.

Since I still have a bunch of KC-135 / RC-135 sets that need this, I will do a reprint soon. Get yours while the resellers still have some. 

12 hours ago, KursadA said:

Sold out. I expected it to do well - but I did not expect people to order it by the dozen. The whole print run went out of the door at a furious rate.

Since I still have a bunch of KC-135 / RC-135 sets that need this, I will do a reprint soon. Get yours while the resellers still have some. 

Well! This sheet certainly qualifies as one of your fastest sellers, n'est pas?