CD72070 - 1/72 C-135 Family General Markings

CD72070 will be a 1/72 version of the very successful 1/144 scale C-135 general markings sheet. Just like its small scale counterpart, it will provide you with the basic common markings required for an accurate model of a large number of C-135 variants. 

There will be at least one or two follow-on 1/72 sheets with just specific markings for some special-purpose C-135 airframes (Rivet Joint, Cobra Ball etc.). These sheets will not include common markings, and will require the use of CD72070 to source them.

• 7 months later...

Kursad, 

I was wondering.  The 1:144 C-135 Generic sheet is outstanding.  For the 1:72 scale sheet, could you add some of the other Air Force command badges such as: Air Force Systems Command, Air Force Material Command, and AFSC, ASD tail bands to go along with the other tail bands already included?  Or, just make one or two blue/yellow tail bands and include separate white lettering for all the different commands. 

R/ Dutch 

Edited by Dutch
add clarity
  • 8 months later...

Hi Kursad,

I know you're busier than a "one-legged man in a butt kicking contest" but have you any updates on this sheet?    Possible release date?   I'm looking to finish my Rivet Amber build by the 50 year anniversary in 2019 and a set of these markings would be just the ticket.

Don

• 1 year later...

Are you using CD72030 for your build? Didn't the main sheet come with stencils in the first place?

Current KC-135R stencils are available now as part of CD72066 - it is the same sheet that was included in CD72030.

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

Are you using CD72030 for your build? Didn't the main sheet come with stencils in the first place?

Current KC-135R stencils are available now as part of CD72066 - it is the same sheet that was included in CD72030.

Yes sir, but it only came with one set of General markings. I used them for the 157th ARW jet but need several more general markings sets for the other awesome subjects on the sheet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

CD72070 will be available for sale in the next batch of releases.

The general markings on the C/KC-135 series turned out to be a lot more diverse than I expected. This set basically contains the bare minimums needed for my upcoming SAC-era KC-135A, KC-135E/R and WC/RC-135 sheets (and a Shamu KC-135R sheet in the works). You will notice that it does not contain all the markings you need for a current KC-135R : for this, you will need to get the modern KC-135R stencil sheet which will be available once again with the reprint of CD72030 in a few months.

cd72070.jpg  cd72070b.jpg cd72070c.jpg 

cd72070d.jpg

29 minutes ago, Ghostbase said:

Looks like another 'must have' decal sheet 🙂

I do have the old 1/72 AMT EC-135C 'Looking Glass' kit however I have misplaced the instruction sheet and the decals. Does this sheet cover all the general markings for the EC-135C?

I think the EC-135C has a specific electromagnetic radiation warning marking on the rear fuselage around the antenna array that is not included on this set - sorry. If my approach of combining limited-edition KC/EC-135 sheets with general purpose marking sheets work, I will definitely have to do another EC/RC-135 sheet to cover versions such as the EC-135C and ARIA etc. 

Edited by KursadA

Kursad.  I see you did the red hatch surround for the Shamu scheme. Very nice.  I see the standard full color & AMC Proud Gray Stencil insignia, but not the Shamu ones.  Do you plan to add the small black stencil US insignia as well?  Looks like there is room to fit them lower down on the second sheet. K/r, Dutch

Boom marklings!  You included boom markings!  Yess! (Happy dance!)

Edited by Dutch

Will the recon variant sheet have the crew access door outline with the right angle on the upper right position?

Necessary for the modern versions with the E-systems cheeks.

Cheers,

Hoops