Jump to content

CD72070 - 1/72 C-135 Family General Markings


Recommended Posts

I had to wait to get home from travel to have access to my notes/reference photos. You've got an RC-135V on the recon sheet in form of 64-4841, please also include the extra single static port that is just forward of the right rear cabin door on the "V" versions.

 

Cheers and thanks!

Hoops

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hoops said:

I had to wait to get home from travel to have access to my notes/reference photos. You've got an RC-135V on the recon sheet in form of 64-4841, please also include the extra single static port that is just forward of the right rear cabin door on the "V" versions.

 

Cheers and thanks!

Hoops

 

I think there is a different static port on the port side of RC-135S as well - I will add these to the main sheet along with a small yellow corner piece to cut and modify the door outline for RC-135s. The black door outline really is only needed for modern KC-135Rs and will have to come from elsewhere - I included this on the modern KC-135R stencilling sheet which will be available once again soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you reprint the KC-135R Data sheet, fair enough.  I will pick up another one or two. What about including the small black stencil insignia for the Shamu scheme?

Edited by Dutch
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2021 at 9:19 AM, KursadA said:

 

I think there is a different static port on the port side of RC-135S as well - I will add these to the main sheet along with a small yellow corner piece to cut and modify the door outline for RC-135s. The black door outline really is only needed for modern KC-135Rs and will have to come from elsewhere - I included this on the modern KC-135R stencilling sheet which will be available once again soon. 

 

Hooyah, thanks Kursad!

 

Hoops

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 7/23/2021 at 11:21 AM, KursadA said:

 

CD72070 will be available for sale in the next batch of releases.

The general markings on the C/KC-135 series turned out to be a lot more diverse than I expected. This set basically contains the bare minimums needed for my upcoming SAC-era KC-135A, KC-135E/R and WC/RC-135 sheets (and a Shamu KC-135R sheet in the works). You will notice that it does not contain all the markings you need for a current KC-135R : for this, you will need to get the modern KC-135R stencil sheet which will be available once again with the reprint of CD72030 in a few months.

 

 

cd72070.jpg  cd72070b.jpg cd72070c.jpg 

 

cd72070d.jpg

 

Kursad - any further info on when this will be out? 

I'm about to drop an order, but if this is a week or two out, I'll wait and save on the shipping! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is ready but it will not be available until early December, at the same time as the three KC-135 & WC/RC-135 sets. I will soon post photos of the set.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KursadA said:

This is ready but it will not be available until early December, at the same time as the three KC-135 & WC/RC-135 sets. I will soon post photos of the set.

Sounds good Kursad. I’ll place another order later then… going got go head and send this one! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...