Wolfpak Decals June 2017 Release

Gents,

Here are the next two sheets from Wolfpak Decals.  They will retail for $17.50 and should be in stock by June 20, 2017.

Sheet 72-108, Wild Things.

To start we have two options of a Wisconsin AN, 115th FW F-16C, FW, the wing commander’s jet with a badger on the tail and the Ops Grp commander’s aircraft.  Something different but to complement the future Airfix kit two options for a FGR.2 from 1435 Flt. at Mount Pleasant in the Falklands.  The jets carry the same names as their WWII predecessors that defended Malta.  A F-35C from the latest Navy squadron to fly the jet, VFA-125, the West coast RAG.  From the fifties, a F-94C of the 60th FIS.  This aircraft is on display at the National Museum of the USAF.  A C-130E, Rivet Kit, covert reconnaissance aircraft also known as a “Berlin for Lunch Bunch” bird. Finally, an A-6A from VA-35.  This aircraft has a diamond back snake (probably referring to VA-86 from the same air wing) clutched in the mouth of their traditional black panther. 

Sheet 72-109, Blood Sweat and Valor.

A FG.1 from 43 Sqn starts this sheet.  Once again to complement the new Airfix kit.  The second subject is a FGR.4 that was at the Langley AFB air show last year. From Cannon AFB options for two EF-111A’s.  The commander’s jets of the 429th ECS and the 27th OG.  A much-requested jet from an earlier release and to complement the re-issue of the Italeri kit a shark mouth EB-66E of the 42nd TEWS.  To complete this release the commanders aircraft of the 166th ARS of the Ohio ANG.  They once again have placed the stylized chevron/alar on the fuselage sides of the aircraft along with new tail art.  Go Buckeyes!

Mark S.

Sht%2072-108%20Color%20Instructions.jpg
Sht%2072-109%20Color%20Instructions.jpg

Just an FYI for those asking (and for those who don't) the WI ANG Madison flies Block 30 F-16C. So if you want to do a Badger Bird (I mean who wouldn't, right?) use a block 30 kit.

Mark, it would be pretty sweet for you to do these in 1/48th scale too.

Go Badgers!

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
Request for 1/48

Now if only tamiya would come out with a block 30 kit for those WI ANG decals. I would be in bliss then.  Been waiting a long time for decals for that unit!

Edited by achterkirch
8 minutes ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

I also love the Wisconsin jets! Seeing as though I am from the Green Bay Area. Would be awesome if the 115 would do a Packer themed jet. GO PACK GO!  And I will give a shout out to the Badgers, love the Badgers. Also love the Brew crew!

I would love to see all the ANG units in states with NFL teams do a team themed jet.  Broncos, Raiders and Patriots would be cool. 

On 6/9/2017 at 4:30 PM, achterkirch said:

Now if only tamiya would come out with a block 30 kit for those WI ANG decals. I would be in bliss then.  Been waiting a long time for decals for that unit!

What I am planning on is buying the Block 25/32 National Guard kit and swapping parts with my block 50. I want to do a Polish Block 52+ and need the NSI Inlet. I can then build a block 30 or block 40 (with extra parts) with the other.

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

What I am planning on is buying the Block 25/32 National Guard kit and swapping parts with my block 50. I want to do a Polish Block 52+ and need the NSI Inlet. I can then build a block 30 or block 40 (with extra parts) with the other.

If these were 1/48 decals I could. I have the two bobs decals but with these 1/72 decals I would have to use the revell kit as tamiya only came out with the block 50 so far in that scale. 

Since the Wisconsin jets are Block 30H models with GE engines, big mouth inlets, 4 chaff/flare dispensers, AIFF "bird slicer" antennas, and the landing light mounted on the nose gear door, aren't the only major hurdles the landing gear doors and the fuselage stiffeners, both of which are available in aftermarket or by swapping parts with other kits?  Past that, there's a few differences in vents and panel lines and the light weight landing gear, and is that gear difference even noticeable in 1/72 scale?

Bubba

Edited by Benjamin Blue
43 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Glad to see an Otis AFB subject getting some love!    

Indeed. I was planning on buying the sheet just for the A-6 decals. But it's very cool to see the local base represented.

On 6/12/2017 at 7:40 PM, Benjamin Blue said:

Since the Wisconsin jets are Block 30H models with GE engines, big mouth inlets, 4 chaff/flare dispensers, AIFF "bird slicer" antennas, and the landing light mounted on the nose gear door, aren't the only major hurdles the landing gear doors and the fuselage stiffeners, both of which are available in aftermarket or by swapping parts with other kits?  Past that, there's a few differences in vents and panel lines and the light weight landing gear, and is that gear difference even noticeable in 1/72 scale?

Bubba

The gear I don't know about. Otherwise I think I would be ok if I can find some non bulged gear doors which I might have I'll have to look. Do you know what panel lines are different?

7 hours ago, achterkirch said:

The gear I don't know about. Otherwise I think I would be OK if I can find some non bulged gear doors which I might have I'll have to look. Do you know what panel lines are different?

Would Hasegawa gear doors work? That would be a an easy fix.

7 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Would Hasegawa gear doors work? That would be a an easy fix.

I don't know. I  checked the size of the revell kit doors and those are almost dead on in size. I think I'll use those. 

15 hours ago, achterkirch said:

The gear I don't know about. Otherwise I think I would be ok if I can find some non bulged gear doors which I might have I'll have to look. Do you know what panel lines are different?

Try this link; it's about the Tamiya 1/48th kits, but is applicable to their 1/72 scale kits also.  LINK

Bubba

Edited by Benjamin Blue
17 hours ago, achterkirch said:

Do you know what panel lines are different?

The Tamiya kit has a fuselage insert on the port side of the upper aft fuselage.  I assume that's because of panel line differences; otherwise, I can't think of any reason for it.

Regards,

Murph

2 minutes ago, Murph said:

The Tamiya kit has a fuselage insert on the port side of the upper aft fuselage.  I assume that's because of panel line differences; otherwise, I can't think of any reason for it.

LOL you Eagle Drivers spend too much time looking in the mirror...   (j/k)

The panel insert on the Tamiya kit is on the stbd side. Tamiya did the same thing on their 48th kit, and Kinetic duly copied the 'feature'.

There are panel line differences between Blocks (30/40/50) but that panel isn't one of them.  I also have no idea why they did that on the kit(s).

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

LOL you Eagle Drivers spend too much time looking in the mirror...   (j/k)

It's easier to check the fireballs from your kills that way.

Regards,

Murph