VF-21 Tomcat (Tamiya 1/48)

It only took me six months plus a couple of builds in between to distract me, but I finally got my Tomcat finished up. In a nutshell, Tamiya kit with Steel Beach NACA Gun Vent and Block 125 Update, CAM Pro decals, and a RIO left over from my Academy F-4. Enjoy!

d9Lng3X.jpg

iBYGf2l.jpg

sEfEyAC.jpg

ksD3WKC.jpg

kqBmIiQ.jpg

Edited by picknpluck
Reposted pics
23 hours ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Very nicely done!

Despite my lifelong love of The Bones, I really do very much enjoy seeing lesser done (even under done) Tomcat units like -21! :cheers: 

Thanks! I'm a fan of lesser-done schemes. I've got the kit's VF-84 decals in a box alongside Academy's (very nice) VF-84 Phantom decals and Hasegawa's VFA-103 F-18F decals. I actually like the bones,  but everyone else does too (no offense!)

8 hours ago, picknpluck said:

I actually like the bones,  but everyone else does too (no offense!)

None taken!  We see it in sports teams all the time, the "herding" instinct in which people get roped along with the crowd.

In my own case I can definitely say I discovered them and fell in love with them YEARS before I had any idea anyone else found them iconic. :cheers: