Italeri (Esci) Bell 206 JetRanger?

Hi to all,

Was eagerly awaiting the announced Italeri rebox of the Esci 206, just to discover that the model announcement has suddenly disappeared from the Italeri website and the Cybermodeler Aircraft Kit Release List.

Anyone know anything about this?

TIA

Gertjan

I like to know aswell..  

Last year i got a couple of 1/48 esci kits as I discovered it wasn't released for 2017, it was promised in 2016.

The Chinook and Huey did , why?

I got this picture back then.

AB206B_zpsqk7i5x2v.jpg

Duncan

Edited by cag_200

Ha Duncan, where did you get the picture from? The Italeri website?

Your picture is also on ScaleMates.

I remember a different picture of a police JetRanger on the Italeri website.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody has seen a Italeri 1/48 yet so there is nothing to compare.

The 1/72 include the LA Police option but the sidewindow (shown for this type) is not in the box as part.

Edited by cag_200

On Cybermodeller it said a few months ago that the 1:48 Italeri JetRanger would be an Esci rebox. That would be logical since Italeri's 1:48 OH-58A Kiowa also was an Esci rebox.

Imho the Esci JetRanger is way better than the Fujimi. It is far more detailed. The landing gear, the rotor blades and the collectives are too fat on the Fujimi. The frontal glazing doesn't look good.

Although the 1:48 Esci 206 does show it's age, in my opinion it still is the best OH-58/ JetRanger around, any scale. I am eagerly awaiting a re- release of the kit.

The 1:72 JetRanger that Italeri released, has more flaws. Wrong size (rear) windows and a ridiculous landing gear spring to mind.

:cheers:

Gertjan

I have built both the 1/48 ESCI Jet Ranger as well as the 1/48 Fujimi Jet Ranger. I like the ESCI one better. As Gertjan mentioned, the Italeri kit is the same but with new decals. I really liked my ESCI kit and have more in my stash as well as the new Italeri kit. The Fujimi kit built up nicely and I built it in Swedisn Navy markings.

On 7/5/2017 at 4:03 AM, GeejeeZ said:

The 1:72 JetRanger that Italeri released, has more flaws. Wrong size (rear) windows and a ridiculous landing gear spring to mind.

Gertjan

That's because it was only the OH-58A with a new sprue. I was so disappointed.

Which one of the 1/48 kits has the rotor mast that looks too short/squat? It ruins the whole look.

Edited by K5054NZ
On ‎8‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 3:27 AM, K5054NZ said:

That's because it was only the OH-58A with a new sprue. I was so disappointed.

Which one of the 1/48 kits has the rotor mast that looks too short/squat? It ruins the whole look.

I wouldn't know for sure. Eyeballing the Fujimi and the Esci (I don't have the Heller 206 kit anymore), the Esci seems to have the shortest rotor mast. I never noticed that before actually, but I guess you are right, Zac (being aware of your life long experience on the JetRanger :thumbsup:).

The Esci does have an issue with the fitting of the rotor mast: it's not exactly clear how to fit the thing and it has a tendency to partially sink into the passenger cabin. I will keep it in mind and mount it higher!

Gertjan

Edited by GeejeeZ

Hmm I never knew about the rotor mast so that is a good tidbit of info. Here are some pics of my ESCI Jet ranger in IAF markings. I tried to leave the doors as if they are ajar but I think it looks like they do not fit. Since I took these a couple have broken off so I may have to fix it. I think I will glue them open wider.

35796991801_a17086dab5_b.jpgIAFBell2062 by Chris Aleong

35119716933_8c1a5ff6b3_b.jpgIAFBell2061 by Chris Aleong

35888166746_9fd6dea0bf_b.jpgAUT_2186 by Chris Aleong

35758801392_5d7c2c7e4c_b.jpgAUT_2185 by Chris Aleong

35888167396_15da4c86ee_b.jpgAUT_2182 by Chris Aleong

Edited by skyhawk174
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 8:57 AM, GeejeeZ said:

I never noticed that before actually, but I guess you are right, Zac (being aware of your life long experience on the JetRanger :thumbsup:).

I've been flying in them since before I was born :thumbsup: In fact my mother flew to her wedding in one!

skyhawk174's very nice model (bravo, by the way!) shows the mast height issue I mentioned. Check it against the real deal and you'll see what I mean.

On ‎28‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 11:58 AM, K5054NZ said:

I've been flying in them since before I was born :thumbsup: In fact my mother flew to her wedding in one!

Whoa!! You Lucky man. I remember reading about your life long experience on the JetRanger somewhere, don't know if it was here or on BritModeller.

A bit off topic: what do you think of the JetRanger's successor, the 505?

It may have been here, when I posted my 1/72 build that's still awaiting paint...putting yellow over OD plastic ain't fun! :rolleyes: Fun twist: a friend now flies the same JetRanger for the same company (since renamed)!

I don't know. It seems a weird concept now that a lot of it seems to be off-the-shelf, ex-206 components as opposed to a wholly new design. But I don't know much about the real-world ins and outs to say much else. It looks neat!

12 hours ago, K5054NZ said:

I don't know. It seems a weird concept now that a lot of it seems to be off-the-shelf, ex-206 components as opposed to a wholly new design. But I don't know much about the real-world ins and outs to say much else. It looks neat!

Hmm:hmmm:Its looks still have to grow on me I guess. I consider the JetRanger to be one of the greatest looking aircraft there is, and I just cannot imagine how a machine with lines as timeless and sleek as the 206, can be followed by a helo like the 505. First time I saw a pic of the 505, I thought it was a new Robinson..! Esp the landing gear looks to be of the wrong size. But hey, as I said, maybe I just need more time. Indeed, some discussion on the technical matters of the 505 (new design or just old wine in new bottles) on Pprune Rotorheads.

• 2 years later...

Bump!

Italeri has put up its Preview 2020: https://www.italeri.com/uploads/news/b9oyS352gqHmhEzkjSqwDK80IVvs09sLuqzoPqmR.pdf

For the third(fourth?) year in a row the 1/48 Agusta-Bell JetRanger repop is there, product code 277, blatantly plastered all over page 8:
49441383832_d4fe750d61_c.jpgItaleri Preview 2020 pg8 by Zac Yates, on Flickr

Still waiting - progressively less patiently - for it to actually appear...

Although my (first?) copy of the JetRanger kit will need custom decals, it's encouraging to see the label for a Super Decal sheet on the catalogue listing. The thing that I really, really wish and hope they fix is the height of the rotor mast as we discussed previously.

Edited by K5054NZ

I emailed Italeri to ask on behalf of JetRanger fans everywhere about a release date for the 1/48 reissue and have just received a response:

Dear Mr. Yates,

thank you for contacting us.

We kindly inform you that the article AB-206B1 N.Y.P.D in 1:48 scale No. 2778 is in this year catalog, so it will be produced within the end of the year.

If not already done so, we suggest that you subscribe to our monthly Newsletter (https://www.italeri.com/en/contacts) in order to be updated about our new releases and our back in stock products.

A kind regard,

Italeri Staff

The waiting game continues...