CD48100 - 1/48 SR-71 / YF-12 Blackbird

CD48100 and CD48101 will be a very extensive, two-set series covering the SR-71 / YF-12 (and A-12) Blackbird. It will have markings for the D-501 drone and a few scientific/experimental payloads seen on Blackbirds as well.

My goal is to cover almost everything that had ever been painted on a Blackbird - nose art galore, spare serial numbers, NASA aircraft etc. 

It is getting closer to completion (careful Caracal watchers know that CD48100 and CD48101 have been reserved for a while now), and I expect to make it available in the August batch.

Edited by KursadA
1 hour ago, habu2 said:

The Italeri / Testors kits are the only game in town right ?

Yes - the 1/48 sheets will be for the Testors/Italeri kit, and I will eventually do a 1/72 version for a kit that I will choose later on. 

I am not aware of a new 1/48 kit, if that's what you mean to ask - I just want to address the current demand and put the existing sheets to a well-deserved retirement ;-)

This is great news Kursad. Yet again you surprise me with what you have going on in your pipeline. I only have one kit and I have a couple of sheets from others but I may still bite as you may have more interesting stuff.

Also, I seem to recall there was a thread at guessing what your 100th 1/48th sheet was going to be. Well I guess I lost that bet :rolleyes:

It will be nice if Tanmodel can pull it off. They have an ambitious list to work through and I would pounce on any 1/32 F-111 released. It would be nice to know if they're listing those kits in order of production?

3 hours ago, AnthonyWan said:

Awesome. I have like 6 of those kits that could use markings so I don't have to cut into Afterburner sheets :P 

....and I bought the Afterburner sheet so I didn't have to cut into my Cutting Edge sheet...  :)

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, KursadA said:

CD48100 and CD48101 will be a very extensive, two-set series covering the SR-71 / YF-12 (and A-12) Blackbird. It will have markings for the D-501 drone and a few scientific/experimental payloads seen on Blackbirds as well.

My goal is to cover almost everything that had ever been painted on a Blackbird - nose art galore, spare serial numbers, NASA aircraft etc. 

It is getting closer to completion (careful Caracal watchers know that CD48100 and CD48101 have been reserved for a while now), and I expect to make it available in the August batch.

Hi,

That sounds like a couple of really cool sheets. I like the idea of all the nose art to look at, not that I'm going to build a fleet of 1/48 Blackbirds.

I do not even recall seeing a 1/48 Blackbird kit here in Belgium. I have only seen it in an old Italeri catalog. I have a 1/72 SR-71, so I'm looking forward to the 1/72 sheets as well.

I think that Jeffrey K from Hypersonic Models has mentioned that he would like to produce a full kit of a Blackbird in 1/48.

Cheers, Stefan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Any updates on this project?

On 6/15/2017 at 11:23 AM, RCarlson said:

Dragon make a very nice 1/144 kit that could use some decals. I'm just saying. :rolleyes:

The old LS kits are nice as well.... hint hint...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Kursad!  Long time!  I've bene out of modeling for about 7 years, but I still have a 32 kits stash that I will get to someday.  Two of those kits are 48th SR-71s which have two A-12 conversions and an old Eagles Talon D-12.  I see the last post here is July, are these decals out yet?

Chappie

2 hours ago, Ichitoe said:

Hopefully, it won't stay on the drawing board as I'd be in for several sheets.

Don't worry, it will not. It looks like I should be able to release this in the February timeframe. It is a complex sheet; and takes time to design. 

Edited by KursadA
  • 6 months later...
13 hours ago, Piker38 said:

Please include the appropriate KC-135Q tail markings !

Pretty please............... !

Now this is a great idea that I would have never come up with myself!  I am not sure if there will be space for it - but if there is, I will squeeze these markings on the 72nd / 144 scale sheets somewhere. Thanks!

• 4 months later...