CD48100 - 1/48 SR-71 / YF-12 Blackbird

On 5/21/2019 at 12:36 PM, habu2 said:

With so many options on these sheets is there any chance of releasing the common data sheet separately as part of your Basics line?  

I thought about this, but the stencilling specific to early and late airframes would not fit on a single, common data sheet. You may have noticed that the common sheet does not include all the stencils, just the big wing walkways, national insignia and some other common details. I also don't think too many folks will end up building multiple 1/48 Blacbird kits. 

I will definitely have a separate stencilling sheet for the 1/72 sets, though. The Revell 1/72 scale SR-71 is inexpensive and easily available, and it makes sense for a Basics stencilling sheet for the common markings.

This looks like a great sheet Kursad. I only have one kit and even though I have read that it needs a lot of work to correct I don't care. I think your decals will look great on it. Thinking of the NASA one.

• 3 weeks later...

The wait is almost over - I will enable preorders on Saturday. There seems to be a lot of interest in new SR-71 / YF-12 decals and these two sheets will bring a lot of options and high quality of printing at a reasonable price.

Placed an order for the Part 1 sheet because I've got two Kiwi A-12 conversions.  Gonna build the prototype and the M-21.

BTW Kursad- did you see my email with early F-16 photos?  I like this "Early" series and would love to help with an F-16 sheet.

Chappie

I am amazed at the response to these sheets - thank you all! I sincerely hope that you will like the decals when you receive them.

One quarter (25%) of the entire print run has been preordered in less than 16 hours that passed since I sent the e-mail to the list. 

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

I am amazed at the response to these sheets - thank you all! I sincerely hope that you will like the decals when you receive them.

One quarter (25%) of the entire print run has been preordered in less than 16 hours that passed since I sent the e-mail to the list. 

Lol, I had a feeling that was going to happen.  Congrats on another successful round of releases Kursad!

corey

22 hours ago, KursadA said:

I did my part....  🙂

3 hours ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Any plans to post the instructions?

I don't post my instructions online, but please let me know if you have a particular question or concern about them.

Edited by KursadA
4 hours ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Just asking. You link some of your stencil instructions on your website. Given my eyesight these days, it would be handy for placement of some of the smaller SR-71 stencils. I usually try to find the electronic file for decal manufacturers' maintenance stencil sheets. No biggie.

I will make a note and make sure you receive a PDF version of the stencil instructions for the SR-71 - PM inbound later today.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 6:04 PM, KursadA said:

Did my part too and pre-ordered two sets of these as soon as this sheet was enabled but I'm still waiting on 48100 to get here.   I got 48101 over the weened but not this sheet.  I sure hope the USPS didn't loose mine.  

On 7/9/2019 at 6:40 PM, Drifterdon said:

Did my part too and pre-ordered two sets of these as soon as this sheet was enabled but I'm still waiting on 48100 to get here.   I got 48101 over the weened but not this sheet.  I sure hope the USPS didn't loose mine.  

Wohoo!    Got mine in the mail today.   Awesome sheet!   Thanks Kursad for another amazing subject.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Piker38 said:

I have both these sheets on back-order at Hannants............. any idea when they will receive stock ?

I did not have time to ship any reseller orders before I had to fly to London for vacation - I am now back and will ship all reseller orders within the next 7-10 days. I would expect them to have this sheet in stock in early September.