CD48100 - 1/48 SR-71 / YF-12 Blackbird

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, KursadA said:

I now have fewer than 75 each of my 48th scale SR-71 sheets remaining  - you might want to get one now if you do not want to wait for at least a couple of years for a reprint.

Ok..... I'm not waiting got one of each. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

CD48100 (1/48 SR-71 Part 1) is sold out. A reprint is unlikely for the next 2-3 years. 

Thanks for your tremendous interest!  There are now fewer than 40 copies of the Part 2 still available, so order yours before I sell out of those as well.

• 2 months later...

During the Nuremberg Toy Fair this past weekend, Revell announced a new-tool SR-71 for 2021. As I write this, scale is NOT CONFIRMED YET. The Scalemates entry is in 1/48, but that is based on statements allegedly made by unnamed "well informed circles". Apparently, the picture was placed among other 1/48 kits, while the 1/72 stuff was on another side of the display, and the "Skill level 5" on the boxtop-like picture hints at 1/48. But all of that is far from a definite confirmation. It COULD still be 1/72. Nobody will deny that a new tool SR-71 in either scale would be very welcome.

Anyway, you should watch Revell's progress, and may want to consider a reprint of the according decals whenever these new-tools are ready for release.

Edited by TomTheCat

Oops, I'm sorry if I sounded pushy. Wasn't my intention. But you're saying that you've known about it for months already? To the folks at Britmodeller at least, it apparently came as a complete surprise... I don't expect you to reveal your sources, but do you, by any chance, know anything more about the scale? (Not that it really matters, we'll know in due time, lol)

• 2 months later...