CD48100 - 1/48 SR-71 / YF-12 Blackbird

Still working, folks - tons of smaller mission markings on these sheet; which are not that well documented. I am also including markings for the D-21 drone and pretty much anything else seen on a Blackbird. A bit more patience, and I think you will like the results. These will be available in 1/72 and eventually 1/144 as well.

• 1 month later...

After a long period of development, the SR-71 sheets are coming in March, both in 1/72 and 1/48. I will soon start posting profiles and a list of options. As promised,  drone markings and a comprehensive selection of almost all schemes and tail art that ever appeared on a SR-71.

• 4 months later...

CD48100 will have earlier USAF markings for YF-12 and SR-71, as well as the D-21 drone. It will also have early NASA markings for their YF-12. I still need a couple of days to wrap this one up.

CD48101 will have later USAF and NASA markings for the SR-71. Both sets will share a common markings/stencilling sheet.

My time machine is still broken - I think there are still a couple 9mm slugs in the flux capacitor from that little altercation I had with Hitler’s guards in 1936. Buying a few decals tonight will help greatly for fixing it so I can jump a few years and buy a Hypersonic kit to check if the decals fit.

Until then, these decals are designed to fit the Testors kit.:-)

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

My time machine is still broken - I think there are still a couple 9mm slugs in the flux capacitor from that little altercation I had with Hitler’s guards in 1936. Buying a few decals tonight will help greatly for fixing it so I can jump a few years and buy a Hypersonic kit to check if the decals fit.

Until then, these decals are designed to fit the Testors kit.:-)

Probably the most amazing and epic response to anything ever posted on any website. thanks Kursad😂

CD48100 will have markings for 18 (eighteen) different jets - there are markings for YF-12, M-21 and a bunch of SR-71's with tail art.  Some of the tail art that are included are "Rosemary's Baby-San", "Super Skater", "Charlie's Problem", "We're the Fakawee", "The Bododian Express" and a few more. Markings for YF-12 in NASA service as well.

There are also markings for two D-21 drones as well as basic stencilling, so you can use them on the Kiwi Resin 1/48 scale D-21 and mate them to the M-21 you can build using the decals in this set. I chose 501 and 505, both of which were flown on Tagboard flight tests and operational flights. You may be able to use the markings to make 515, which was an operational Senior Bowl launch.

The stencilling / common markings is shared between the two Blackbird sets. There are spare digits on the white markings sheet that should allow you to build almost any SR-71 in the early scheme. 

Available as part of the next batch. This will be scaled down to 1/72 in the August batch of releases.

cd48100.jpg cd48100b.jpg cd48100-2.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Thanks! And before anyone asks - I will try my best to include the same D-21 drone markings on a future 1/72 scale B-52 sheet; with correct serials for an operational Senior Bowl mission and appropriate mother ship. So I can vicariously enjoy someone's build where the D-21 from the Monogram kit is combined with the Modelcollect B-52.

Edited by KursadA
On 5/13/2019 at 2:47 AM, KursadA said:

CD48100 will have markings for 18 (eighteen) different jets - there are markings for YF-12, M-21 and a bunch of SR-71's with tail art.  Some of the tail art that are included are "Rosemary's Baby-San", "Super Skater", "Charlie's Problem", "We're the Fakawee", "The Bododian Express" and a few more. Markings for YF-12 in NASA service as well.

That's great - I'd rather the decal was correct.

Good work !