Flying Leathernecks Decals New release - FL 32003 F/A-18A/C in Combat

Gentlemen,

New 1/32 release from Flying Leathernecks Decals has been sent to print. Sheet FL32003 covers 3 F/A-18A and 3 F/A-18C Hornets from VMFA's 122, 142, 232, 251, 333 and 451. All aircraft are depicted as they appeared during combat deployments in support of Operations Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom and Inherent Resolve.  

My sincere thanks to MSgt Brenner, Lt. Ward of VMFA-232, Capt. Endicott of VMFA-251, Stephen Matthews of VMFA-142, Capt Reed of VMFA-122, LtCol Jay Stout Ret. for help with VMFA-451, SSgt Stevens from MCAS Beaufort's paint barn and several Marines from the VMFA-333 Facebook page for helping me track down good photos of their jets.

The main sheet is 8.5 x 11 inches and the overflow sheet is 7.0 x 8.5 inches. Full color placement guides will include details for modeling each aircraft, as well as full ordnance load charts for each.

Retail will be $20.00

Dave - HMFIC at Flying Leathernecks

FL32003%20Hornets%20in%20Combat%20Part%2

Profiles are done and the sheet is officially at print with Microscale. Placement guides will be done before the end of next week and the pre-order buttons will be added to my web site this weekend.

flyingleathernecksmodels.com

FL32003%20Profiles_zpsikfxpglv.jpg

Crap. I wish I hadn't deleted the pics I took last week. 400 came through here last weekend on its way to Alaska for Red Flag. It came through on a very cloud day, and I did not get any good pics of it, so I deleted them. 

Aaron 

Dave, this looks terrific...I'm definitely in for one.

The scans reveal lots of attention to detail, including on the secondary markings sheet. Instead of supplying a set of "one-size-fits-all" marines titles and jet intake chevrons, you've tailored them to each individual aircraft, with appropriate colors, font, and letter spacing. 

Well done.

-Rich

1 hour ago, RichB63 said:

Dave, this looks terrific...I'm definitely in for one.

The scans reveal lots of attention to detail, including on the secondary markings sheet. Instead of supplying a set of "one-size-fits-all" marines titles and jet intake chevrons, you've tailored them to each individual aircraft, with appropriate colors, font, and letter spacing. 

Well done.

-Rich

Thank you Rich, it is very much appreciated.

23 hours ago, viper730 said:

Great Stuff too bad I don't have space for 1/32 Jets or I'd jump all over this. Fingers crossed you can do it in 1/48.

Yes, they will all be covered on 1/48 sheets a little further down the road.

5 hours ago, mrvark said:

Planning any for D models?

Yes, sheet FL32004 is all Deltas from Operations Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, Deliberate Guard, Deny Flight and Allied Force. VMFA(AW)-121, 332 and 533.

Sheet FL32005 will be a dedicated stencil sheet for the F/A-18 and will include full airframe, cockpit, landing gear and all ordnance pylons and launchers.

3 hours ago, Stefan buysse said:

Hi, Dave.

I seem to recall you were working on a 1/48 sheet with all the USMC Hornet squadrons that were in Desert Storm.

That should be awesome. Is it still on track?

Cheers, Stefan.

Stefan,

Yes, still very much on track.

28 minutes ago, k5ikl said:

Order just sent in.  Got an "A" and "C" to do.  Need some for the "D" now.

Cheers,

Jerry

Got it filed, Thank you very much Jerry!

I'm working on a C now and will use the 251 markings.