Hey all,

I've got an RAH-66 I would like to do as a What-If production model.  I have a question about the sensor nose, which seems to be split into 2 separate devices.  Was the lower sensor supposed to be in a movable ball turret or stationary as on the " flying" prototype.  Also does anyone know of any What If pic of what the cockpits where supposed to look like when done? 

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Dave,

Based on this promotional material, I think only the upper portion of the sensor was designed to rotate.

RAH-66%20Pamphlet-2_zpsfdfrxgvn.jpg

RAH-66%20Pamphlet-3_zpsy6pxbgci.jpg

These are one of the mockup aircraft, but show two possible combat configurations.  personally, i think the desert camo one would look awesome.

RAH-66-2a_zpsiv4nx7e3.jpg

RAH-66-1a_zpszdercpcn.jpg

RAH-66-3a_zpsi5cf7fmo.jpg

While I can't show you a photo of what the production cockpit would look like, I can show you what the actual cockpits look like in the prototypes.  These are shots from both and honestly I can't recall which is which.  Both aircraft are different though but it should at least give you an idea.

PICT7537_zpspgr1phtt.jpg

PICT7540_zpsgooe5rkz.jpg

Looking from pilot seat to gunner seat.

PICT1711_zpsfqhcl6kj.jpg

PICT1714_zpslgblwopy.jpg

PICT1713_zpsh91sva5e.jpg

PICT3165_zpsowvdrxp7.jpg

PICT3167_zpsmx858r2w.jpg

PICT3171_zpsh9rknfus.jpg

PICT3163_zpskthnwhex.jpg

PICT3162_zpsecyx6peg.jpg

Finally, I did build the 1/72 italeri kit as an old style FT. Rucker trainer with orange panels.  Personally, I really like how it turned out. HTH 

Ray

DSC_0615%202_zpssr1suuvr.jpg