1/72 and 1/32 UH-72 Lakotas,, What to know about them?

I built the 1/32 Revell EC-145 and convert it to a UH-72A. The model is great in both interior and exterior detail, fitting is almost perfect, highly recommended. I used the Werner Wings medevac set, Renaissance set and Fireball decals. I will post some photos later. 

The 1/72 Heller kit seems to be good, but honestly i havent build it, not my scale.

Are you planning to build a Lakota, Charlie? I made a WIP of my Lakota here in ARC. You might want to check it out!

Rod.

25 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

I built the 1/32 Revell EC-145 and convert it to a UH-72A. The model is great in both interior and exterior detail, fitting is almost perfect, highly recommended. I used the Werner Wings medevac set, Renaissance set and Fireball decals. I will post some photos later. 

The 1/72 Heller kit seems to be good, but honestly i havent build it, not my scale.

Are you planning to build a Lakota, Charlie? I made a WIP of my Lakota here in ARC. You might want to check it out!

Rod.

Thanks my friend
Yes, A friend will provide me with the kits since he will not be building them , what do you use for the conversion from EC-145 to UH-72A?

As I recall, since the UH-72 is a cots product, not much is different between the airframes, externally. The biggest is the rear clamp shell windows being removed. Depending on what level you want to build to and scale, painting over the clear plastic will be fine. Internally the changed some radio and some other bells and whistles but that was it.

In 1/32, the Renaissance set was a PE set. WW helped with Army medic items. The EC-145 medical kit is different iirc. WW set is the only thing easy to find.

In 1/72, I had liked the Revell items more then Heller but iirc Heller did have some nicer items. There was a difference on pre cut doors, one was open or could be the other not. I would have to look at the kits again, maybe this weekend I can. 

Also I think there is a thread on arc where Ray, myself and another broke it done but I could be misremembering, it was a few years ago. Ray did post some pics of Flat Iron birds, despite not liking them.

Heller did have a UH-72 boxing, so decals would be easier to get if you can find the Fireball set. Good news is the markings are generic so not to hard if you can't get either.

HTH

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

As I recall, since the UH-72 is a cots product, not much is different between the airframes, externally. The biggest is the rear clamp shell windows being removed. Depending on what level you want to build to and scale, painting over the clear plastic will be fine. Internally the changed some radio and some other bells and whistles but that was it.

In 1/32, the Renaissance set was a PE set. WW helped with Army medic items. The EC-145 medical kit is different iirc. WW set is the only thing easy to find.

In 1/72, I had liked the Revell items more then Heller but iirc Heller did have some nicer items. There was a difference on pre cut doors, one was open or could be the other not. I would have to look at the kits again, maybe this weekend I can. 

Also I think there is a thread on arc where Ray, myself and another broke it done but I could be misremembering, it was a few years ago. Ray did post some pics of Flat Iron birds, despite not liking them.

Heller did have a UH-72 boxing, so decals would be easier to get if you can find the Fireball set. Good news is the markings are generic so not to hard if you can't get either.

HTH

Thanks a lot! if possible please post some photos here of your heller kit

12 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Ok, ill send you the decals.

Rod.

gracias brother.. ill PM you the address in a moment

if you still have the stencil for the FAS 1/48 huey will it be possible to include it there?