I just wanted to share with you guys that I got published in this month’s issue of ISnAP, Magazine of the International Society of Aviation Photography. Hopefully the first of many more to come. I have to thank my new friends as well as fellow aviation photographer Larry Grace for making this happen,Thank You Larry! Here’s a link so you guys come see my work as well as the rest of the issue. Mine is “Planes of Fame Airshow 2017”

And if you have not seen my blog, come on over and check it out. https://anadventureinawesome.com/

Cheers,
Steven L :wave:

You totally rock, dude!

Seriously, the Planes of Fame article and photos are excellent!

Never saw either site before, and I'm lovin' them!

You ... have a great 'eye'!

Your composition is bang on!

I read a few posts on your blog and you express yourself really well too! In my past life, I was an Art Director and Creative Director in Advertising, so Design and Composition are key with me and, as with any Visual Art, something different is what grabs the attention of the viewer. And looking at your work, whether it's Aircraft, Buildings, Graffiti or Flowers, your pix are lovely.

That fave photo of yours of the little boy, his 'Dad' and the re-enactor is a terrific photo! The fact that you 'saw' it and reacted, is the instinct a good photographer has to have!

Keep trusting your 'eye' and keep promoting your skills and you'll be published regularly!

Congratulations ...  I think you're gonna get real busy!  :thumbsup:

Pete

11 hours ago, zerosystem said:

Any advise on getting over the hurdle between shooting aircraft and writing about shooting aircraft?

Great question. When I started my blog, I wanted to write about my experiences and share my thoughts on photography. Getting published wasn't something that I set out to do. As long somebody read what I was posting. Even if it was only 1 person, I was happy. I told myself to try to post something a least once a week and try to build a following. A few weeks later I when out to Chino for the Planes of Fame show and meet other photographers, taking pics and talking shop. Run into Larry, who happens to be the president of ISAP, we exchanged info and since then he has encouraged me to write more. Days later, he asked if I wanted to write an article on the Planes of Fame show and the rest is history.

15 minutes ago, K2Pete said:

You ... have a great 'eye'!

Your composition is bang on!

I read a few posts on your blog and you express yourself really well too! In my past life, I was an Art Director and Creative Director in Advertising, so Design and Composition are key with me and, as with any Visual Art, something different is what grabs the attention of the viewer. And looking at your work, whether it's Aircraft, Buildings, Graffiti or Flowers, your pix are lovely.

That fave photo of yours of the little boy, his 'Dad' and the re-enactor is a terrific photo! The fact that you 'saw' it and reacted, is the instinct a good photographer has to have!

Keep trusting your 'eye' and keep promoting your skills and you'll be published regularly!

Congratulations ...  I think you're gonna get real busy!  :thumbsup:

Pete

Thank Pete! That really means a lot to me coming from someone with your background and experience. Thanks again!

Steven