Trumpeter MiG-29A (9-12) 1/32 with Zacto resin

Today I received the brand-new MiG-29A - wow, what a HUGE box! First look is not bad! When I heart of this kit, my concern was to sell the Zactoman resin parts for some bucks on evilbay. Good news: Not necessary! :thumbsup:

I tried also to insert the wonderful CWS cockpit, with some surgery it should work (Trumpy pit is narrower). Trumpy's panel lines seems to be mostly fantasy, nevertheless very good looking.

Here some comparisons between Zacto and Trumpy. And yes, Chris - great job! :worship:

MiG-29%20Trumpeter%201_32_2_zpspsigthl5.

MiG-29%20Trumpeter%201_32_1_zpsehuslhoq.

MiG-29%20Trumpeter%201_32_3_zpsfsc0dett.

DSC_0170_zpsio3v963p.jpg

Edited by Floggerman

Those panel lines on the intakes... Even without any reference photos I could immediately tell they are pretty screwed, I mean so many times I have studied the pattern. It's hard to believe such details have passed the scrutiny.  It's the year 2017 after all.

I haven't read that much reviews on the kit (not my scale) but I do hope it's better than the panel lines would suggest.

On 6/17/2017 at 10:25 AM, Floggerman said:

Today I received the brand-new MiG-29A - wow, what a HUGE box! First look is not bad! When I heart of this kit, my concern was to sell the Zactoman resin parts for some bucks on evilbay. Good news: Not necessary! :thumbsup:

I tried also to insert the wonderful CWS cockpit, with some surgery it should work (Trumpy pit is narrower). Trumpy's panel lines seems to be mostly fantasy, nevertheless very good looking.

And yes, Chris - great job!

I'm happy to hear you like the parts.

I have to give a big shout-out to Alexander (Eastern) :thumbsup:. He made the exhausts for his build and sent them to me to use as a product. They were so nice they inspired me to do the whole correction set!

MiG_fix_21.jpg

I am responsible for the photo-etch though.

MiG_fix_24.jpg

As for the intakes, Alexander sent me the front section and I grafted it to the Revell center section. I can't recall if I did all the scribing or just the center section.

Have you actually tried fitting the intake and engine tunnel parts? They were designed to fit the Revell kit so I'd doubt they would fit the new Trump kit without heavy modification.

The exhausts were based on the Trump MiG-29M kit (and I sell them separately for that kit). Do they fit the new MiG-29A kit?

I might just have to pick up the kit and see if there's anything I can offer to improve it.

:cheers:

6 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Have you actually tried fitting the intake and engine tunnel parts? They were designed to fit the Revell kit so I'd doubt they would fit the new Trump kit without heavy modification.

The exhausts were based on the Trump MiG-29M kit (and I sell them separately for that kit). Do they fit the new MiG-29A kit?

I think it's possible. As I just survived the f"§$%&g MiG-25 from KH with a lot of resin, I'm not scared about this. But first I need to build something easy...