Completed: 1/100 Hawaiian Airlines DC-10

Hi everyone! This is also up over on airlinercafe, but I wanted to share a couple of photos of my newly completed Hawaiian DC-10. I've been chasing after this project for years and years. I originally completed this kit (Doyousha/Entex) as N101AA the prototype DC-10 in it's American Airlines livery, but a big scale Hawaiian Air -10 has always been what I've really wanted. Now thanks to DRAW's new Hawaiian DC-10 sheet, I'm able to say I've got one :) I was even able to name her N122AA 'Kauai' which was really cool because I've got a lot of special memories of time spent on that island.

I wanted to depict an airplane that was in the twilight of a hard working career, so it's a little dirtier and well-worn in spots.

Without further adieu... I hope you enjoy!

rJXL7wg.jpg

6QurOwI.jpg

UUNJSgN.jpg

2PT5HNx.jpg

And finally one with a little filtering that's reminiscent of the 90's

HAL_10_90s.jpg

Wow that is cool. Came out wonderful, very nice job. I have that kit in my stash for years and good to know it builds up so nicely. The decals have all yellowed so I will go have a look at what Draw has. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thank you everyone for the compliments and kind words! :worship:

And Skyhawk... I definitely recommend DRAW. His digital silk decals are very well printed, very durable, but also exceedingly thin. If you've never used them before, it takes a bit of practice. My best advice is to slide them directly from the backing paper onto the surface of the model wasting no time and being very careful not to let them roll-in on themselves. Beyond that, they produce a fine result!

• 4 months later...