Super Hornet shoots down Syrian SU-22

I just got the goods on the shooter. Working on trying to get photos of the jet and the complete ordnance configuration. No guarantee that I'll get it, or that I'll get it before anyone else, but the wheels are definitely in motion.

2 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

I just got the goods on the shooter. Working on trying to get photos of the jet and the complete ordnance configuration. No guarantee that I'll get it, or that I'll get it before anyone else, but the wheels are definitely in motion.

Well who was it? 

3 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Please do! Would be a great subject to model. 

9 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Dave, Hopefully you will get the goods before anyone else does.

2 hours ago, Vaildog said:

.6 miles and you cant get a kill with your first shot? Should have gone to guns. 

Unlike in training..sometimes a weapon released well within launch guidelines can still go stupid and fail to hit the target. Any number of things can happen..it could have failed to track mid course, it could have been spoofed, passed within lethal distance but failed to detonate..any number of things. 

1 hour ago, Gremlin said:

from Aviation Graphic

fa-18e-vfa-87-golden-warriors-tc-264.jpg

Is it wrong to be bummed that it looks like it wasn't Tomcatters? 

Dave

2 hours ago, echolmberg said:

What happens to the missle when it misses its target?  Is there a self-destruct mechanism on board or does it just turn into a giant lawn dart?

Yes, there's self destruct mechanisms.