Super Hornet shoots down Syrian SU-22

17 hours ago, Ian Buick said:

Don`t know if you know, but the pilot involved has been giving an interview on the incident to Channel 5 in the UK. (CVN 77 currently in the Solent off Portsmouth).

Can`t find a link, but heads-up for someone who can. 

Cheers, Ian

But.. but... another ARC member who is in the know was adamant that just by trying to figure out what squadron was involved would amount to helping out those evil Iranians.  He also was adamant that the Navy would never "parade" the pilot around.  Yet apparently the Navy is ok with said pilot giving TV interviews and pictures of the jet being posted on social media.    

How could our Navy let this happen? Madness, absolute madness. 

Edited by 11bee
8 minutes ago, 11bee said:

But.. but... another ARC member who is in the know was adamant that just by trying to figure out what squadron was involved would amount to helping out those evil Iranians.  He also was adamant that the Navy would never "parade" the pilot around.  Yet apparently the Navy is ok with said pilot giving TV interviews and pictures of the jet being posted on social media.    

How could our Navy let this happen? Madness, absolute madness. 

You obviously misunderstood my posts.

If the Navy wanted to release the info that was their choice but to go digging and trying to use your "hook ups" to release the info before the USN did was wrong. Also, allowing a picture to be posted and one interview is not parading the pilot around.

Funny how people ask those "who are in the know" for info and when one of them says you are barking up the wrong tree you get all butt-hurt. Don't like what I post, I'm sure this site has an ignore function, use it.

Edited by GW8345
On 6/25/2017 at 11:09 AM, GW8345 said:

The Nay will not be "parading" the pilot around, that would be the stupidest thing they could do

nXub8yw.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen i present to you the US Navy!

the stupidest thing they could do

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
43 minutes ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

nXub8yw.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen i present to you the US Navy!

the stupidest thing they could do

Thanks...I think coffee came out my nose I laughed so hard...LOL!

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Don said:

Thanks...I think coffee came out my nose I laughed so hard...LOL!

Cheers!

In the Navy's defense this is hardly the stupidest thing. They are waaaay more stupid

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
4 hours ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

In the Navy's defense this is hardly the stupidest thing. They are waaaay more stupid

Digital blue camouflage comes to mind... and let's not forget LCS...

22 minutes ago, picknpluck said:

Notice the fresh spray paint around the pilot's name. Obviously someone else's name was on that jet prior to the shootdown.

arrrghhhh, who's name was there before, now your choice is to build it post shoot down or inaccurate, and is the name and kill marking painted on crooked?

Crooked, or not. Decals up!!!!!

Here is your sheet decal guys. VFA-87 shoot down SH options for pre and post. then add a couple VFA-37 as no one has done them with CVW-8 yet.

There. I will take a couple sheets for giving you this great idea. Awesomeness all around.

2 hours ago, okthree said:

Very surprised that in this age of home grown jihadis, the Navy would release the pilot's name and allow his pic to be taken.   I'm guessing if I wanted to spend some time w google, I could probably find the guy's home address, where his kids go to school, etc. Just doesn't seem to be prudent.  I assumed they would let him do interviews, but only as "Lt. R" or something anonymous like that.    Hope it's worth the PR value.   

The IDF has been sensitive about that for decades due to the exact reason that you could have little home grown radicals/jihadi's/sub humans that figure it'll get their name in the paper or make them a martyr or some crap by killing this pilot or his friends and family.