1/48 F-15C ONG 75th Anniversary

Finally something to show, it's being a while since i post something here, this for sure is not my best model, but for sure is the mos extravagant done, hope you like it.

This is GHW 1/48 F-15C OOB build

Jorge Oppenheimer

untitled-1808_zps1zixk1nm.jpg

untitled-1822_zpsxipry3fd.jpg

untitled-1814_zps2igmi3ld.jpg

untitled-1811_zpsmyi3kegg.jpg

untitled-1813_zpsbxdgrpv7.jpg

untitled-1821_zpsoyfnlj5b.jpg

Edited by oppenheimerj

yes they are, about the decals, the eagle head decals are thick and will need lot of decal softener in order to let the panel lines and rivet to show under the decal, also the vertical tail are thicker than the eagle head.

the eagle wings are less thick and hard to work with because it size, but after half bottle of softener i managed to get the wing rivet to show under the decal.

sorry for my english, not my native language

Jorge

I used Model Master enamels, navy aggressor gray and F-15 dark gray, also this is my last model using model master, i just switch to MRP, amazing paints, is like  drugs, you use it once and then you can't live with out them. (just a saying , just in case :rolleyes:)

About the kit, is a delight building it, just had problem with the fitting of the upright intakes, if you use the downward ones they fit perfectly , but the -15's always have the intakes up while parked on the ramp

Jorge

Jonathan, MRP have those colors, i am finishing a OH-58 in 1/35 and used MRP on it, the best paint on the market for me, the good thing is the finish, it is a satin finish so  you dont need to use any clear coat for the decals, and also you can weather it with all kind of products with out covering first with a clear coat

Jorge

2 hours ago, oppenheimerj said:

Jonathan, MRP have those colors, i am finishing a OH-58 in 1/35 and used MRP on it, the best paint on the market for me, the good thing is the finish, it is a satin finish so  you dont need to use any clear coat for the decals, and also you can weather it with all kind of products with out covering first with a clear coat

Jorge

Thanks!