Raytheon Sentinel R1 (1:144 Anigrand)

Here are a few photos of the early stages of this build.

The trailing edges of the wings, elevator and rudder were thinned down, as well as the exhaust nozzles of the engine. The intake side of the engines was also smoothed out. All small antennas were removed to be replaced with scratchbuilt items.

WAL4Unt.jpg

The lower fuselage stabilizers will be replaced by plastic card items (much thinner than the supplied parts) and I'm also thinking of replacing the gear legs and gear doors with scratch built items.

k5i8g4m.jpg

The windows were polished but still need some work as they do not compare well with photos of the real thing. Besides this small issues the kit as been falling together with little effort as the part's fit is near perfect (the engines are just placed, not glued in the following photo).

XIDGFxl.jpg

I hope to have more to show soon.

Cheers

Marco Preto
http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com

Edited by marcopreto

I've been tossing up whether or not to buy this kit for a while now and this is the first one of these I've seen being built. A lot of people bag out Anigrand but I quite like some if their kits. I've stalled on my VC-10 due to decal issues but I do I hope to finish it soon. I have their C98 as well which I'm looking forward to building.

How large is the Sentinel? It doesn't look too big which is good.