2 minutes ago, tosouthern66 said:

I wish they would re tool the 1/72 hornets to include dropped flaps/slats. The way the superhornets build up is better than the legacy as far as I am concerned.

no arguments from me there. :whistle:

The f-16 series in particular could really use an upgrade.  The molds are so old the wing tip launchers aren't even LAU-129 which requires you to perform surgery to make any modern variant. Especially with the black 50/52 version and the two seaters that fill the gap that Tamiya left wide open.

Hasegawa should just scrap their molds for F-16 kit in 1/48. It looks old, its mold quality not up to the mark and is a vestige of their 80s production. Its proportions too don't look right and details are extremely scanty. 

Having said this, their F-18 and F-104 kits are beautifully detailed. Their Harrier kit too is also quite good barring few fit issues as they have attempted to over engineer the kit in order to accommodate different Harrier versions. I have built only these so I dont know much about other. 

Their 'new' releases are never new. Just a new box and new decals and since the kits are not 'new', the same mistakes are present in their subsequent releases as previous ones. 

Edited by stalal
On 6/26/2017 at 4:00 PM, Vaildog said:

The f-16 series in particular could really use an upgrade.  The molds are so old the wing tip launchers aren't even LAU-129 which requires you to perform surgery to make any modern variant. Especially with the black 50/52 version and the two seaters that fill the gap that Tamiya left wide open.

definitely could use an upgrade!