Revell 32nd F-18E

• 9 months later...

Anyone heard any news on the kit?  Most websites have late May as being available here in the US, but on one website (Creative Models Limited) in the UK states "This product was released on Wednesday 01 March, 2017.'   What's the real lowdown?

The low down is that everything is up in the air with the Revell's right now due to their parent company's bankruptcy (Hobbico). Hobbico is in the process of being sold off by bits, with only the plastic model stuff remaining (the Revell's, United Models). The RC stuff and Estes/Cox were sold off last week.

RoG is still operating, as they're an independent business unit and pay their own bills, Revell USA is pretty much on hold as they can't pay for production right now.

Two weeks ago I visited the Revell booth at The Euro Model Expo in Lingen, Germany. The Revell representative told me that the F-18 1:32nd scale  was delayed because of quality issues. They were working on improvements and the kit is now supposed to be released this summer.

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2018 at 1:08 PM, DutchThud said:

Two weeks ago I visited the Revell booth at The Euro Model Expo in Lingen, Germany. The Revell representative told me that the F-18 1:32nd scale  was delayed because of quality issues. They were working on improvements and the kit is now supposed to be released this summer.

Summer's here.....anyone have any other info on the release date?  I know summer just started but I'm getting impatient........

Through the grapevine  the new R-G was still setting things up and it would be a bit longer before it all gets back to normal so maybe late fall 2018 or early 2019.

Remember that This is a big changeover. R-G may have been separate but they were still under the Hobbico umbrella. I'd have to think Any new projects are likely taking a back seat for a while.. Thinking from the USA side do they even have a distributor yet.  As for that Hasegawa  do they have a new USA rep? Italeri? .Gotta wonder is Sprue Brothers/Douglas Distributors making a pitch. What about Stevens. The other big to medium Distributors. Tamiya could maybe step in and do Italeri. I think they Import them in Japan. Merit International..I think they do HobbyFan, AFV Club. Dragon USA could be an option too, they distribute a lot of stuff other than DML..Anyway I just Hope it shakes out soon....

3 hours ago, fasteagle12 said:

Summer's here.....anyone have any other info on the release date?  I know summer just started but I'm getting impatient........

come on now!!! Summer has been here for exactly one week! They have until September twenty something to get it out on time.

gary 

37 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

I sure hope R-G gets things back on track sooner rather than later..they were really on a good path with their new 1/32 series of aircraft..I'd hate to see that get sideways now. 

My wallet and I couldn't agree more :thumbsup:! Affordable and fun large scale kits.

4 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

come on now!!! Summer has been here for exactly one week! They have until September twenty something to get it out on time.

gary 

Yeah, I know,  but I've pre-ordered mine and I was planning on building both my Trumpeter Foxtrot Hornet at the same time.