Hi everybody, this is a 1/72nd Modelsvit Be-12.

I used NH Detail photoetched parts, a truck from ICM range and few Eduard figures; everything else was scratchbuilt...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

That is absolutely stunning modelling - both inside and out.  :worship::worship:

I've been inside a Be-12 at Gelendzhik - it is just like a submarine - with watertight doors and lots of sharp edges on which to bang your head (which I did!)

Your scratchbuilding certainly captures what I remember of the visit.

Congratulatuions

Ken

Always liked the look of this aircraft and you've  done an amazing job on the model. 

Are those really ejection seats for the pilots but not the rest of the crew? Wonder how that went over with the crew?!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lorebor,

Your Be-12 is simply stunning.  Would you mind share more details of your build?  Is your Be-12 going to be published in a scale modelling magazine or a book where it will show a step by step tutorial especially on the scratch build details of your Be-12?  Do you know any excellent Be-12 reference books for your build (I was thinking about to start mine until I bumped into your excellent build).  I really like the shading done on the seats.  Sorry for the many questions but you have produced an excellent model for a short run kit.

Thank you,

Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey,

I have two books dealing with the Be-12, but they are quite old and not very useful for modelling purposes; I also have many pictures that I found on some websites and they are much more useful if you want to build the interiors. 

The model has been published on an italian magazine; if you want, I can send you via Wetransfer the books, the picture and the magazine...just let me know...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...