tip for cutting 2 piece bombs

for the life of me i can never cut 2 piece resin bombs for a nice straight butt joint . theres always an uneven end that leaves a gap , even when i sand both ends .i wonder if there is a small mitre out there for model use .ant tips how you guys do it .im talking about aires gbu bullpups etc

Andrew

There are small extruded aluminum miter boxes available. They have a v-groove in the bottom to hold cylindrical parts. I've never tried to do what you are describing but I bet it would be hard to do even with a miter box. Maybe, cut as close to square as you can and pin the two halves with a bit of wire, Fiddle with the pieces until they're straight and then fill the gap with super glue to hold it that way?

Probably so they can use one piece molds and still pull the part out without destroying the rubber. If they did the bomb in one piece they'd need a split mold and then THEY would have to worry about misalignment!  :thumbsup: