FYI Huey Pilot Seat Armor

I just wonder WHY, these Forums require a 3rd Party to post Photos!!  I don't need a 3rd party to send a picture to a friend via Email or Text!!  Why here????  Smoke and mirrors????

Bo

1 hour ago, jabow said:

I just wonder WHY, these Forums require a 3rd Party to post Photos!!  I don't need a 3rd party to send a picture to a friend via Email or Text!!  Why here????  Smoke and mirrors????

Bo

A few years ago, many forums allowed direct posting of pics.   They got hit pretty hard by embedded viruses concealed in the pics.  

Therefore, just about everyone requires 3rd party pics.  

I'd say probably 75% of the pics in this forum are on PB.  Including many irreplaceable pics provided by vets, subject matter experts, etc.   Be very surprised if many end up getting re-posted.  I certainly don't have the time / interest to repost all of the pics I posted. 

Everything in life costs something. When you have direct posting you have to pay for the storage, plus the issue with viruses. The cost of just having text is cheap vs images so the cost is pasted down the line. PB is now at that line and most free sites we get to the same point as some other time. They can only handle so many cat pics.

13 hours ago, 11bee said:

A few years ago, many forums allowed direct posting of pics.   They got hit pretty hard by embedded viruses concealed in the pics.  

Therefore, just about everyone requires 3rd party pics.  

I'd say probably 75% of the pics in this forum are on PB.  Including many irreplaceable pics provided by vets, subject matter experts, etc.   Be very surprised if many end up getting re-posted.  I certainly don't have the time / interest to repost all of the pics I posted. 

Who ya gonna call???  PC Matic PRO!!

9 hours ago, Tank said:

Everything in life costs something. When you have direct posting you have to pay for the storage, plus the issue with viruses. The cost of just having text is cheap vs images so the cost is pasted down the line. PB is now at that line and most free sites we get to the same point as some other time. They can only handle so many cat pics.

I totally respect that.  I would harbor no ill will if they said "as of tomorrow, no new linked images".  However, taking millions of photos that used their site to link to away without even notifying us ahead of time seems like a great way to destroy your company!  If we had $400/year to blow on photo hosting none of us would have been using Photobucket in the first place!  Just my 2 cents.

Ray