1/72 kit bash Revell / AstroKit 212 WIP

Charlie, im really not sure. First of all, what version are you building? I believe the first  green hornets UH-1Ns from the USAF that went to vietnam yes, they had the standard huey seats, but post war, i havent seen any USAF, Navy or Marines Ns with armoured seats. Lets Ray clarify this.

Rod.

5 minutes ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

Had to add those things to the sides of the blades I did it with soda can aluminium 

0C8F18A8-26B9-4FF5-8D17-EE5184EFFAC7_zps

09C58A6E-4FAD-45CD-8B6A-96C6D14896A0_zps

9476D1F9-EC12-4277-9DF9-0D6CC7418EA6_zps

Those are called trim tabs charlie and are used to adjust the tracking of the blades so that they rotate in the same plane.

Ray

11 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

Thanks. MY friend

I am thinking on doing one of those orange 212 .. not sure yet 

Ray will  let us know surely. 

Are you talking about a VXE-6 Antarctica bird like this one, Charlie?  This is a Navy UH-1N.

Ray

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

The UH-1N does not use the standard armored seat of Army Hueys.  Here is the seat in a HH-1N I photographed a while back.  Actually, the Italeri seats are a pretty decent approximation of the correct ones for a UH-1N.

Ray

PICT5766_zpsvqet0yfi.jpg

Working on the seats ... lol Ray I added this aluminum part to the seats without looking at the picture until now also used bandaids for the seats cushion

F01E34C3-3F5E-4322-8C92-0FA0A3A2F2E3_zps

Edited by CharlieUH-1H
2 hours ago, rotorwash said:

Looking good, Charlie.  Trust me, in 1/72 so much of that work disappears in that tiny cockpit.  I think those seats will really stand out though.

Ray

Thanks my friend that is why I cut off the cockpit doors so the inside can be seen at least a bit 1/72

7 hours ago, rotorwash said:

Are you talking about a VXE-6 Antarctica bird like this one, Charlie?  This is a Navy UH-1N.

Ray

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Navy wasn't the only one to fly an orange bird. :coolio:

303UH-1N_zpsg1gmipos.jpg

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Navy wasn't the only one to fly an orange bird. :coolio:

303UH-1N_zpsg1gmipos.jpg

If anyone have 1:72 decals for this or any other 212 that it will not use they will never more than welcome.. The kits I have do not have de decals I mean they did but are yellow as H*ll.. :(

rvl04654.jpg

Here is another orange bird.

I don't have more photo's of the Marine bird. Randy Smith took that one IIRC. I didn't know it was there. Unless I am misremembering my office was behind engine location where the tree line is or there abouts. I was a long time ago. 

No one does HMT-303 decals in 1/72 for the UH-1N. You might get the tail code from the AH-1W kit but it might be split camo.

Draw Decals had the Navy bird decals

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/143525-draw-decal-72s-huey-5-vxe-6-antarctic-uh-1n-hueys

Fireball used to have them for the German bird.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/105575-fireball-modelworks-fm72-d05-bell-212-huey

DF Helo can help with a German bird

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/367328-df-helo-stuff-df10472-bell-212-katastrophenschutz

Charlie: There are Uruguay markings on the Max Decals Antarctic Sheet:

http://www.maxdecals.com/webpages/max7222.html

The scheme is different for the Antarctic bird (there are lots of google photos of both regular and Antarctic bird) but the markings are mostly the same. Unfortunately I'm using my sheet on the Antarctic scheme (working on same right now) but maybe you can get a set or just that part of the sheet from someone. It is a great decal sheet to have......

PS. From what I recall all the Uruguay birds have the wire antenna strung along the tail boom and I found it differs from side to side to avoid crossing over the storage compartment door. The pictures on line show this.HTH 

Edited by RCAFFAN
3 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

Charlie: There are Uruguay markings on the Max Decals Antarctic Sheet:

http://www.maxdecals.com/webpages/max7222.html

The scheme is different for the Antarctic bird (there are lots of google photos of both regular and Antarctic bird) but the markings are mostly the same. Unfortunately I'm using my sheet on the Antarctic scheme (working on same right now) but maybe you can get a set or just that part of the sheet from someone. It is a great decal sheet to have......

PS. From what I recall all the Uruguay birds have the wire antenna strung along the tail boom and I found it differs from side to side to avoid crossing over the storage compartment door. The pictures on line show this.HTH 

THANKS my friends , How much a they cost?