1/48 Do-17Z Kits

I haven't found much as far as reviews of the ICM 1/48 Do-17Z-2 kit #48244 and was wondering how it stacks up against the Classic Airframes Do-17Z kit #4114 or #4115? I have the Hobby Craft #1602 Flying Banana and am trying to decide if I want to torture myself or not.

On 7/4/2017 at 7:33 PM, Blek Stena said:

Do yourself a favour and buy ICM kit.

It is superior by far then Classic Airframes, and Hobbycraft really isn't a choice any more....

Got one on order!

Do-17 had "floating tail" . The whole tail section can be trimmed (can be moved up and down).

Neither manufacturer did this right, they all show it in down position as fixed part.

You can buy resin replacement, or you can just engrave side panels to show it in down position.

• 6 months later...

I haven't started it yet but it looks to be a really good kit and well worth the money straight out of the box. I have AMS so I have dumped another $200 into replacing the tail, wheels, PE throughout, guns, bombs, different decals, canopies etc. and it won't be touched for about 6 months due to transferring back to the US the end of this month. BUY IT! The only issue I had and it was not with the kit itself was the vendor from eBay didn't put it in a shipping box, just wrapped the kit box itself and mailed it. Luckily the box is sturdy and it got a little squished but nothing serious and all parts were undamaged.

1 hour ago, jonbryon said:

Does anyone know where a resin tail correction can be sourced? DMold don't make their any more. Is there another?

Cheers

Jon

Vector makes a correction set. There are a few to be had on eBay: check Vector 1/48 Do 17.