Revell's '64 Fleetside - Need some help!

Every now and then, I get motivated to take a look at building a kit of a vehicle I might not normally consider building. In this case, it is a mid-‘60s pickup truck. This isn’t a subject I know much about, and it isn’t the usual thing most people would expect would turn my crank, so to speak. However, the kit itself is actually really nice and I wanted to try something different.

I found this Revell 1964 Fleetside at a local swap meet and couldn’t resist. It’s actually a really nice kit, but it’s giving me trouble trying to figure out some things. It’s almost impossible to find examples on the net that AREN’T customized somehow, so if anyone has any links or info they can share with me I’d appreciate it.

1.) Is the engine supposed to be Chevy blue?  They say orange on the instructions, but I’m sure that’s wrong.

2.) I think I read that if you got two toning, you got the whitewalls and body-coloured wheels. Is that correct?

3.) There is a chrome group for these trucks, but I think it’s separate from the side trim. If you got chrome grille and bumpers, is it true you got the chrome hubcaps too? Could you get this without the side trim?

4.) The box shows that there’s some kind of paint/chrome around the grille. However, I can’t tell if it’s supposed to be chrome or white paint. Not all examples seem to have it. Any ideas?

Check out the kit at the link below, so you can see the exact model of truck I’m talking about. I want to build this one next, so I’m hoping you guys can help me out!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/revell-125-1964-chevy-fleetside-pickup-out-of-box/

1964-chevy-fleetside-oob-001.jpg?w=400

Oh, that'll help me supremely!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I can see that the cab is actually a custom cab, despite not having the right B-pillar moulding, and I can see that the bed wood is BLACK. Shame, I was going to do it as polished natural wood, but black does make more sense. 

Great site, I'm going to keep that one referenced for a long time!

Like IMDB, that site is a perfect example of what the web can do for us.  It's a shame the engine drawings weren't in real colors.

While looking at other Chevys of that year, it was obvious that grill surround could be white or natural metal.

Edited by Slartibartfast

Good point.

It's not all just Pr0nz and l33tspeek!

I love it when there's a place like that, where the sum total of human knowledge can be collected all in one place. That is the truest equalizer of people; their access to information!