2 hours ago, dehowie said:

The only people who complain about watermarks have never had there images stolen and republished by people generally claiming ownership of said photos as there own. Scattering them far and wide from Facebook, to Flickr etc creating a complete nightmare for the original owner.

Be thankful such high quality images have not got it over the aircraft and they have taken the time to share them.

I have a number of photos in the database of airliners.net, planespotters.net and published in a couple of books. Few people want to pay for images. I was contacted several times by companies wanting to use my images and even when I asked for a very small price for commercial use of my images they chose not to and only once did a organization actually follow through with a payment. And if told you how much I asked you would laugh, or cry.

Most people are rather cheap (frugal, if you want to be polite) and will never pay. Go ahead and seek legal action but it will rarely be worth it.

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, Rex said:

While talking about pylons, if anyone ever posts a photo of a USAF inner pylon on a Navair bird, I will start clipping parts off of sprues and gluing a model of that up the same day I see it.

Hi,

That is interesting, Rex.

Until you typed it here, I hadn't even imagined that possiblity.

Is it something that is rumoured to have happened with no photographs being seen so far, or just a theoretical possibility?

Cheers, Stefan.

Just something that I have always wondered about, Stefan.

It falls into that murky area of "could have happened."

Since the USAF obviously didn't have any problem switching pylons on the F-4C, D and E, depending on the needs,,,,,,,It seems as if that might have happened at least once in Navair. It is just as likely as that VMFA-314 bird with the F-4C stabilator swapped on for damage repair during Vietnam. (retaining the SEA cammo in the bargain)

The only reason I haven't already built an F-4B with USAF pylons is that I am waiting for a photo first,,,,,so that I could build the exact bird it happened to,,,,if it ever happened, and was ever photographed.

We already know that the VX-4 F-4J bicentennial bird had at least 3 different radomes on it, so, this doesn't seem like as big a stretch as that. (four if you count the radome with the nose cut-out for the instrument probe during the F-4E slat test program)

23 hours ago, dehowie said:

The only people who complain about watermarks have never had there images stolen and republished by people generally claiming ownership of said photos as there own. Scattering them far and wide from Facebook, to Flickr etc creating a complete nightmare for the original owner.

Be thankful such high quality images have not got it over the aircraft and they have taken the time to share them.

my complain was not about the fact that there is watermark on the photos... but the fact that they are FLUORESCENT, inelegant, and as close as they can, if not "surrounding" the image subjects... if i was in hunt for some references for a build, i'd find this to be a gold mine! ...but as i was just watching for the pleasure... i would rather have like to see watermarks done with taste, like those of Steven Lewis/Far Photography...

Oh, BTW, my work might not have been "stolen" on the internet... but many of the photos i've post on the internet where "shared"...

Its more for the stealing than sharing.

I have a small photography business and really dont care about sharing at all. In fact the more your stuff gets shared the better off you are.

The current fad is guys right clicking your image then cloning out watermarks and sharing them as there own on Instagram, Facebook etc.

This guy has some beautiful photos and not actually watermarking the aircraft is VERY nice of him. 

There are some new ways to help track image theft including one excellent company but its labour intensive.

Just happy to have such a great collection of early F-4 images up its my favorite era for F-4's and poorly treated from a photo point of view.

3 minutes ago, dehowie said:

Its more for the stealing than sharing.

I have a small photography business and really dont care about sharing at all. In fact the more your stuff gets shared the better off you are.

The current fad is guys right clicking your image then cloning out watermarks and sharing them as there own on Instagram, Facebook etc.

This guy has some beautiful photos and not actually watermarking the aircraft is VERY nice of him. 

There are some new ways to help track image theft including one excellent company but its labour intensive.

Just happy to have such a great collection of early F-4 images up its my favorite era for F-4's and poorly treated from a photo point of view.

Correct, Ron is a friend of mine and he got tired of seeing his images everywhere and without even being credited with taking the shot.

Steve

On 04/07/2017 at 11:35 AM, A-10 LOADER said:

Correct, Ron is a friend of mine and he got tired of seeing his images everywhere and without even being credited with taking the shot.

Steve

Please pass on our thanks for putting up a great collection of superb quality shots.