1/48 F-4B. Zoukei-Mura Conversion. VF-51 CAG Bird

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Gary

I'm feeling more and more at home on ARC and meeting up again with so many of my friends from LSP.

Absolutely brilliant work on the conversion transforming the ZM kit into a F4B - the markings are my all time favorite. Fit and finish is spot on and the F4 is a knockout.

I do have their F4J underway but it's on hold as I enjoy the HB F-14A.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peter

Missed this one somehow. Great looking Phantom!!! Love the markings...love the paint finish and weathering... top shelf stuff :thumbsup:.

Regards,

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the kind words guys.    I need to change out the elevators for slatted ones as I got my references wrong, but none the less the ZM kit is really nice to build.     The Furball Decals fit perfect and make the job easier than you would think, as those are big decals.

Since ZM is not going to produce a F-4B kit in 1/48,   I plan to have a GT Resin F-4B/N conversion set ready around the first of the year to convert their J kit.   When it is ready I will announce it on our Website and not he forums.   What is nice is all of the decals out for the B and the N in very bright colors!!

Thx,

Gary

• 1 month later...

Gary

Very nice build indeed! I have been thinking of getting the ZM kit but was waiting to see if anyone had any issues with the build of these kits. I prefer 1/72 scale due to living in a small 1 BDRM apartment. Did you have any real build issues on the kit?

I usually stay out of accuracy discussions especially on Jet aircraft, as I have very little real knowledge and next to no expertise worth anything. I'm a modeler on and off since the early 1960's. Yeah I'm that freak'in old. I'm just an Old Dog modeler who loves to build, and loves to look at well built models. So when I'm looking at a model it's more through the eyes of a Judge then a historian.  To me it's all about the finished product.   And Sir, your conversion and chosen scheme is simply outstanding. 

Joel

13 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

Gary

Very nice build indeed! I have been thinking of getting the ZM kit but was waiting to see if anyone had any issues with the build of these kits. I prefer 1/72 scale due to living in a small 1 BDRM apartment. Did you have any real build issues on the kit?

No issues at all if you follow the directions and are neat with you work.  The fit is very precise, especially the cockpit/front wheel well assembly as it is very precise in th fit.   Problems people have had with builds are due to sloppy assembly that you can get away with on many kits....but not this one.

Thanks Joel for the every kind words!

Edited by ghatherly