Meng F-35 available

Interesting, but ordered mine from HobbyEasy at nearly half the Squadron's price  and it is now at Customs in NYC to be delivered to my door soon.

Edited by nachjager
13 hours ago, B2Blain said:

It doesn't look like the flaps can be positioned.

In step 17 of the instructions (see link above) it shows the leading and trailing flaps as seperate parts. 

The tail pieces however look like they cannot be positioned. 

13 hours ago, habu2 said:

In step 17 of the instructions (see link above) it shows the leading and trailing flaps as seperate parts. 

The tail pieces however look like they cannot be positioned. 

Well, the flaps are all separate pieces, but they can only be positioned up without surgery. The tailplanes however can be positioned either neutral or deflected 10 degrees.

On 6/29/2017 at 0:17 PM, nachjager said:

Interesting, but ordered mine from HobbyEasy at nearly half the Squadron's price  and it is now at Customs in NYC to be delivered to my door soon.

I almost did the same...shipping costs changed my mind..

10 hours ago, B.Sin said:

There is a built-up and painted example over on hyperscale. It looks really good, then again  Brett Green is quite an accomplished model maker.

He did a nice job on it, Kangaroos and all. I'd be interested in hearing how he managed the masking or if he used decals. The new paint scheme cannot roll out fast enough IMHO. That is the only part of any F-35 build I would dread...thus far.

8 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

He did a nice job on it, Kangaroos and all. I'd be interested in hearing how he managed the masking or if he used decals. The new paint scheme cannot roll out fast enough IMHO. That is the only part of any F-35 build I would dread...thus far.

He posted a pic on their forum showing masking (combination Tamiya & foil). 

25 minutes ago, GMK said:

He posted a pic on their forum showing masking (combination Tamiya & foil). 

Copy that. But where? I have been searching over there and unlike ARC or Britmodeller et.al. the forums are still circa 1999. God I wish he would update his site......

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
17 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Copy that. But where? I have been searching over there and unlike ARC or Britmodeller et.al. the forums are still circa 1999. God I wish he would update his site......

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1499162912/Masking+(Pic+Included)

In Plane Talking, at "July 4 2017 at 6:08 AM" under "Masking (pics included)" in response to 

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1499144339/BG%2C+'What's+new'+on+the+F-35A%2C+the+RAMs+inc'd+on+the+Meng+or+Furball+....

Edited by GMK
On 3.07.2017 at 7:10 PM, Finn said:

If you are wondering how to display it, how about this way:

YOb6LCy.jpg

f8koqZ2.jpg

Jari

That was Charlie Lightning not Alfa but still great idea.

Edited by DanW
On 7/3/2017 at 8:00 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

I almost did the same...shipping costs changed my mind..

Ummm, I  paid only 13.29  for the kit and some misc. photo etch and it took only 5 days from Taiwan to the States. Cheaper that Squadron, that's for sure.

Edited by nachjager
2 hours ago, nachjager said:

Ummm, I  paid only 13.29  for the kit and some misc. photo etch and it took only 5 days from Taiwan to the States. Cheaper that Squadron, that's for sure.

That's for certain.

2 hours ago, nachjager said:

From what site ?