8 minutes ago, ReccePhreak said:

Yes they are.

Are you using Photobucket?

Larry

No, Photobucket just changed their Terms of Service and you now have to pay $400 a year to have the ability to post photos hosted by them into forums. The above images are on my web site......which means I'll be using my website from now on as my image hosting site!

Since we can see them I suspect that it is not Photobucket since they are still screwing up his signature photo.......

P.S. I see Dave just beat me in response...

Edited by RCAFFAN

Well I guess I will no longer be able to post pics. Not sure what I am going to do now. Need to figure out how to get my pics off Photo Bucket and close that down. This is going to stop me from posting my build pics for the USN/USMC Legacy Squadron Group Build in September.

F18C-VMFA122-1_zpst5juioxt.jpg

This is from my account in photobucket. Just did a copy from my library to the forum.

Is that $400 for something other than I might be using?  I might be a bit confused.

Cheers,

Jerry

I just signed up on postimage to see how it works.  Uploaded this one

to it.  Seems to be a lot easier to use than Photobucket.

F18_C-_VMFA122-1.jpg

Edited by k5ikl

Yeah, can't figure it out, I don't pay. But, I haven't put a new image on PB for a while now. Went to postimage.org a couple of years ago because just looking at my photos on PB is a whack-a-mole with their ads--completely infuriating! I tried Google, but getting a direct URL to the image is a complete PITA.

Maybe PB is looking to see if people will pay. before they rigidly apply their new rules? That or they want to get out of the business and this is a way to hasten the end...

4 hours ago, RKic said:

What?! $400?

To southern don't freak out, just use postimage.org

I'm not freaking out. I'll find a new place to land. It is just pissing me off that the greedy companies don't seem to get it. I hope the PB and those that own it go under and have to live like us poor folks do. Maybe then they will learn humility. 

8 hours ago, k5ikl said:

I just signed up on postimage to see how it works.  Uploaded this one

to it.  Seems to be a lot easier to use than Photobucket.

A4_F-_VA164-1.jpg

I just signed up for Flickr & Postimage. I found Postimage to be much easier to use.

I like the option they give to automatically resize the image for the web, so you don't have to do it.

Larry

8 hours ago, Spectre711 said:

Noticed that some accounts on Photobucket are still showing photos.

Could be pay accounts but I dont Know.

The images on my Photobucket account were still showing on different websites, and I do not have a pay account.

After signing up for Flickr & Postimage, I deleted all my Photobucket images. Of course it took me forever just to log on, with all the flippin' ads! :soapbox:

Larry

Reading all this makes me so freaking furious. Greedy bastards. Ruining guys' hobby for god's sake. 

I still haven't decide what to do for all the build logs.

Because pay I won't.

16 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

I'm not freaking out. I'll find a new place to land. It is just pissing me off that the greedy companies don't seem to get it. I hope the PB and those that own it go under and have to live like us poor folks do. Maybe then they will learn humility. 

I hear that. I hope they go down in flames. Must be some new CEO who knows nothing about the business, throwing his weight around.

18 hours ago, Spectre711 said:

You using postimage?  How do you like it?

I like it. It gives you the option to resize upon upload, which is nice for sites like UAMF, where they require 800*600.

22 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

Well I guess I will no longer be able to post pics. Not sure what I am going to do now. Need to figure out how to get my pics off Photo Bucket and close that down. This is going to stop me from posting my build pics for the USN/USMC Legacy Squadron Group Build in September.

Just upload directly to the ARC forums.  Yes...you can do that now.  File size has to be under 100KB or something like that.

Wow, Steve, didn't know you had enabled that feature. That saves me a ton of work. I can just upload on here just as fast as on my own page,,,,,,saving me from having to upload "ARC only" photos over there to link to on here.

(I was sort of wondering about how much space I would kill over there in order to have a place to link from,,,,,,,,,you saved me some space by enabling uploads,,,,,,now, there is no reason for me to do it twice.)

Your post also kept me in the Group Build that is starting in September.