17 minutes ago, SBARC said:

Just upload directly to the ARC forums.  Yes...you can do that now.  File size has to be under 100KB or something like that.

I hope this won't lead someone to try to upload a virus or malware. :pray:

Larry

On 6/30/2017 at 5:33 PM, SBARC said:

Just upload directly to the ARC forums.  Yes...you can do that now.  File size has to be under 100KB or something like that.

I have to try that.  Does it show as a thumbnail and it expands or does it show a normal size?

Edited by Spectre711

@11bee: From what I've been able to get regarding this issue is that if your PB account was not free, i.e. you've already paid for some sort of a plan, it will be good until your current subscription expires. I guess that is due to legal reasons that they can't cancel the terms on a current contract.

You are still able to view your images on PB, but you are not able to share them outside of PB anymore. Unless you directly link to your PB account. So download all your images there, and tell them to ***** off. You also would have to edit all your posts on ARC which had images in them to the new picture host.

After all, linking your pictures does get them any revenue from ads or the like, so I understand that they are finally going to charge for 3rd party linking. But the price is disproportional. If it was around $50 a year, that would be still acceptble, but not $400!

Edited by Lancer512
32 minutes ago, Lancer512 said:

If it was around $50 a year, that would be still acceptble, but not $400!

Maybe they figured only 12% of the users would pay, so they let the bean counters run with it. Wonder if they also included the lost ad revenue from massive loss of users they're now experiencing...

Truthfully, I had been thinking about paying for their "ad-free" option. But, now, they can go pound sand...

1 hour ago, SBARC said:

Can you 'splain how to do this or point me to the documentation? I looked last night, and couldn't find anything...

1 hour ago, janman said:

I still haven't decide what to do for all the build logs.

There's the rub.

I haven't lost any images to those Fine Individuals at PB, but it would be quite a huge amount of work to fix old posts. I'm quite sure that many sites have been substantially harmed by PB's unannounced and retroactively appied change in terms...

3 hours ago, SBARC said:

Steve

I was unaware we could do that now. Now all I have to do is figure out how to size to the required size. I am no computer guy and it take me a long time to learn stuff. Thanks for the info.

On 6/30/2017 at 5:03 PM, Spectre711 said:

I have they that.  Does it show as a thumbnail and it expands or does it show a normal size?

While Steve has a great feature that allows direct uploading to ARC, the 100kb (.1MB) size restriction means that the resulting  image  doesn't have much detail -- AT ALL!. (and good luck resizing your photos to meet that restriction). Of course I can appreciate Steve's need to keep on-site storage manageable. 

Selfishly, I hope folks continue to favor linking vice direct posting ... so I can better appreciate the details presented!

Gene K