Don't know what prompted this idea to pop into my usually scattered brain, but all of a sudden I've been thinking about doing a what-if RAF Invader Mk I.  I've already tracked down what serial numbers were allocated for the type and I'm wondering in what role they would have been used; tactical, night intruder or anti-shipping.  I'm also wondering if they would have received a standard RAF camo, based on intended use, or left in NMF.  I've got four 1/48th Monogram A-26s in my stash, along with a 1/48th Tamiya Mossie and some left over RAF decals from other kits, so I've got the basics covered.

My google-fu isn't particularly strong but I found two photos of an RAF Invader. They are part of a series taken over Tulas where it was built. It's NMF. All the colored Invaders are I found were night fighters or French or U.S. NAVY or fire fighters.

I think, as it's a Whiffer, I'd find photos of Mosquitoes that fit the role you want to depict and use them as a guide. If you're wanting to do a anti-shipping aircraft, I'd look at Beaufighters for inspiration.