Anyone else note that PB no longer allows you to link your pics to websites unless you "upgrade" for $400 (as I understand it).   As a result, most threads here (including some extremely unique ones) no longer have pics.    Nice work PB.  

i have just now sent this e-mail to photobucket. for what's the use...

"i'm an ARC Forum member, a modeler, and i have just discovered that to be able to watch the pictures of their models, posted by my fellow members i should subscribe an about usd 400,00 account on photo bucket as ARC's a third party site!
you have definitely robbed us of a big loot of OUR pictures!
how many of my fellow members, and how many people all over the world you believe that want/can afford such an unmentionable immoral amount of money to publish on a third party site??!!!
may you burn into hell, you arrogant greedy people!
with spiteful disregard,
dr. marino romeo."

disgusting. we've been ROBBED! do  you realize this? we should sue them!

bobo.

7 hours ago, Chief Snake said:

It's already been vehemently noted over on hyperscale.

Chris M

It's also being talked about over at LSP too! What PB did goes beyond stupidity if you ask me. I signed up on Imgur a couple of days ago. 

Tim

Last time, we had more and more advertising when using them. All reedoak com was based on pictures hosted by them. I go now out of them as in one year, it may be $600 and more 2 years later, who knows ?

Anyway, it's not good news for my young company

I link now the pictures from my webshop, so, so long my webshop exists.... 

saddly, all pictures I kept on the Super-frelon build, or on the MedEvac UH-60A build, are gone, making the topics useless

Norbert

The pictures should be still there, but the links to them are gone... It still sucks, since you either have to wait (or pay) to get the links working again, or you upload on a different server and re-link your thread-content to them... Much work!

HAJO

friends.... tinypic.com free and super easy to use :) try it for example they have a option  iPhone app you can upload photos on the post without getting out of the post just click the TinyPic keyboard and magic will happens! 

Edited by CharlieUH-1H

ahh, well...oppenheimer...mmmhhhh....

so you did not see anything of the hell we raised about photobucket?

i suggest that you go to the topic and read.

also, you can try and watch one of the pics you've posted from photobucket on arc, or for that matter on any "third part" site.

then please let me  know...

thanks & ciao. bobo.

Well yes and no Tim. It appears if you have account (free) you can still access Ray's pic. If you want to host that is different and different levels for your needs. Ray would be in top tier is my guess, the rest not so much. Seems this might be the new model going forward. If can find free enjoy. I would recommend reading the fine print on the service contract and if you don't like it, don't spend your money.

I'm (slowly) making the switch to postimage.org. So far it's quick and easy. I'm downloading my pics to my hard drive then I'll upload them to Postimage.

1 hour ago, DonSS3 said:

I'm (slowly) making the switch to postimage.org. So far it's quick and easy. I'm downloading my pics to my hard drive then I'll upload them to Postimage.

yup I use this one also and it is amazing. same as tinypic.com everything is free and stuff.