has anyone but a few noticed that many pictures of our models are not available anymore due to a new photobucket policy?

we've been robbed of our pictures!

i have just now sent this e-mail to photobucket. for what's the use...

"i'm an ARC Forum member, a modeler, and i have just discovered that to be able to watch the pictures of their models, posted by my fellow members i should subscribe an about usd 400,00 account on photo bucket as ARC's a third party site!
you have definitely robbed us of a big loot of OUR pictures!
how many of my fellow members, and how many people all over the world you believe that want/can afford such an unmentionable immoral amount of money to publish on a third party site??!!!
may you burn into hell, you arrogant greedy people!
with spiteful disregard,
dr. marino romeo."

disgusting. we've been ROBBED! do  you realize this? we should sue them!

bobo.

I feel your pain, and IMO they just committed a business suicide, but I bet anyone who signs up to their site agrees to them owning (and doing whatever they wish with) the pictures one submits. Must be in the fine-print stuff somewhere. Or, there must be a way to retrieve the photos you already uploaded to their site.

Edited by Janissary

Pretty much every thread, build log, etc that has pics in it has been gutted.  Some of these threads contained unique pics never seen on the net before and were a valuable reference source.  

The Littlebird thread in the helo forum was one example.  

What a bunch of assw*pes.   

Edited by 11bee

Well, don't know about suing but I'm definitely disgusted about their new policy. 

They are retroactively, well, pretty much ruining my body of work here on ARC. I don't know how else I could put it. Because the fact is there's absolutely NO way I will pay this company 400 dollars per year so they can blackmail me like this. Surely they think many of us will since re-linking all those hundreds of old photos via new service provider would be almost impossible, but a policy like this is just pure extortion. I won't pay. 

So, goodbye Photobucket and **** off. 

Yup. was wondering if this was a scam, but apparently not.  All my pics on here disappeared & found this in my email junk folder:

info=pbdeals.com@mkt6.pbdeals.com

Your account has been restricted for excessive usage and 3rd party hosting. In order to restore 3rd Party Hosting, please upgrade to the Plus500 Membership Plan.

<http://email.mkt6.pbdeals.com/c/eJxVjs1uwzAMg58mvimwZM8_Bx966XvIkrwGS9qizfb8844DCBL4ABLUJkNLNbe1Y1NQphijZRnDjy6YjZQtevyoGGVUwCX6470-uxrv71Ueh7s1s5R7lkwy-wVl5MoktSvh5Mnc3m7n-VzCZaHr1P-BCT55muybfM0kwJDI-5whFMBYAoTpgIQpQC-pUA7MA2pNiClyF_dqyj-bznPCL1vvdq787c721_4F5whBeg>          

Some features on your account have been disabled.

<http://ms.pbdeals.com/ga/campaign_images/1483/linking-overage.jpg>

Your account has been restricted for 3rd party hosting

Don't worry, your photos are safe

In order to restore 3rd Party Hosting,

please upgrade to our Plus 500 Membership.

F*ck em !

Edited by Thommo

I am in no 

1 hour ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Yes...but the OFFICIAL reason....lol

I am in no way defending PB but understand their business model is based on viewers going to the PB webite to view images, a website where they inundate viewers with so much advertising that it slows their computer to a crawl (even with FIOS).  When you link to an image to post photos here you deny them the ability to spam you and other viewers back into the dial-up age.  This mandate to charge exorbitantly for the ability to third party host images is their way of trying to recover that revenue stream.

Many are complaining they "lost" their photos. I believe all you lost were the third party hyperlinks to sites like ARC.  Are the images also gone from the PB website?

22 minutes ago, habu2 said:

I am in no 

I am in no way defending PB but understand their business model is based on viewers going to the PB webite to view images, a website where they inundate viewers with so much advertising that it slows their computer to a crawl (even with FIOS).  When you link to an image to post photos here you deny them the ability to spam you and other viewers back into the dial-up age.  This mandate to charge exorbitantly for the ability to third party host images is their way of trying to recover that revenue stream.

Many are complaining they "lost" their photos. I believe all you lost were the third party hyperlinks to sites like ARC.  Are the images also gone from the PB website?

Pretty sure the pics are still intact.  However the damage is done with regard to linked photos.  I doubt many people will have the inclination to painstakingly repopulate all their posts with updated photo links.

I have multiple build logs on ARC (amongst other sites) that I took a lot of pride in.  Just can't see myself adding all those new photos.  

33 minutes ago, 11bee said:

I have multiple build logs on ARC (amongst other sites) that I took a lot of pride in.  Just can't see myself adding all those new photos.  

This is why i have been wondering about the following futile wish:

Is there a way on ARC, to do a global replace of all the pic links i have shared over the years? So something like: find all posts > replace www.abc. with www.xyz. The image file name will remain the same but the host site and folder would change?

is this possible? I realize this won't be useful for sites that rename your images or link to pages rather than images, but that is not the situation in my case so i could really take advantage of a global replace. 

Edited by Janissary
1 hour ago, habu2 said:

I am in no 

But why provide the photo 'sharing' option then in their original business model?  The only reason I used them is to share pics.  I agree, the advertising has been starting to really slow it down lately and give me the sh*ts.

I've not lost my photos, but can't share them on other websites now.  And I tried re-posting one on ARC, but it didn't work, still get that 3rd party sharing logo.

So the next question is, what other photo sharing websites do people recommend?  Or is there another way to embed photos in my ARC posts?

1 minute ago, CorsairMan said:

in a nutshell can someone explain what PB did?

Previously linked photos from PB no longer appear on ARC, just a logo saying you need to upgrade your account to be able to share them now by embedding the pics in posts as I did before. It seemingly costs $400US to upgrade.

Actually, it seems the issue is "excessive usage and 3rd party hosting".  I wonder if I went and deleted heaps of the embedded pics in other websites if the ability to share might come back?  Unlikely I imagine.

This is the email they sent me:

nfo=pbdeals.com@mkt6.pbdeals.com

Your account has been restricted for excessive usage and 3rd party hosting. In order to restore 3rd Party Hosting, please upgrade to the Plus500 Membership Plan.

<http://email.mkt6.pbdeals.com/c/eJxVjs1uwzAMg58mvimwZM8_Bx966XvIkrwGS9qizfb8844DCBL4ABLUJkNLNbe1Y1NQphijZRnDjy6YjZQtevyoGGVUwCX6470-uxrv71Ueh7s1s5R7lkwy-wVl5MoktSvh5Mnc3m7n-VzCZaHr1P-BCT55muybfM0kwJDI-5whFMBYAoTpgIQpQC-pUA7MA2pNiClyF_dqyj-bznPCL1vvdq787c721_4F5whBeg>          

Edited by Thommo
1 minute ago, Thommo said:

Previously linked photos from PB no longer appear on ARC, just a logo saying you need to upgrade your account to be able to share them now by embedding the pics in posts as I did before. It seemingly costs $400US to upgrade.

This is the email they sent me:

nfo=pbdeals.com@mkt6.pbdeals.com

This seems very stupid - why would someone spend $400 for something that was previously free and where there are competing services that are free?

It's funny you know.  About March this year I got so fed up with the ads on PB I upgraded my service to Ad-Free 2Gb.  Can't remember how much but it wasn't excessive so I ponied up just to make it usable.  My pics are still visible now but I assume that because I have a current contract my pics will dissappear as of 6th March 2018 when the new rules catch up with me.  I certainly won't be spending any effort to update any previous links.

Way to go to PB, alienate many thousands of customers all in one go  Give yourselves an uppercut for being so stupid PB owners - time to start looking for an alternative.

thumb-down-smiley.png

Managed to download my entire Photobucket album, including the pics that I posted here years ago. Not going to bother to update the broken links, I'm just glad that I have my photos back. I suggest everyone with an account log on and do the same, just click 'Download Album' in the lower right corner of your main page.

Years from now, Photobucket will become a classic case of how a business committed suicide in a spectacular fashion.

Edited by White Wolf

This is great! Just what we have been looking for! :woot.gif:   :worship:   :thumbsup2:   Thats the way to go Photobucket! 

Seriously. What can I say? It would not be easy to replace the photos, going back years and years. So I am sorry.

Will have to find another way to post photos in the future. 

The service (if one can call it service, I would not do this) photobucket provided in the past was a heap of stinking horse manure (this is not a 4 letter word so I think I can use it here) if not you can take me in front of firing squad and . . .

So what they do (not service) is not something that one would want to pay for! 

If I remember correctly in the news this week, the blackmail Petr virus is demanding 300 USD. So the photobucket excellent deal is really like it with its 399.9999999 price!

Reading through the pages were I posted photos and past experiences with this provider I remembered all the crap add's that were loaded by photobucket time and time and time and time and time again while I tried to up load my photos. In most cases they down loaded 30-40MB of crap while I tried in vain to upload my photos. And now they expect me to pay for this??? No way! 

Most certainly will look for another provider, but I dont think I will replace from my archive the photos lost with photobucket. I would have to do that for every one of them one-by-one, going back years and years. Sorry I am not prepared to do this. This is the real problem with this move by PB!  

Photobucket put a gun against they head and just pulled the triger!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

hi everybody.

i have already stated my opinion about f-king photobucket.

i can only hope that those of us who describe P.B.'s turn of policy as a commercial suicide be perfectly right...

many ask for an alternative.

i'm not a google-fan as i dislike their "imperialistic" and aggressive policy. but google is the less likely to make such unpopular decisions, and it works.

i suggest to turn to google photo.

those of you who perhaps saw some of my model posts know that it has a limitation: you can safely post the link to a photo album with the imges you have previously uploaded to the google photo site.

ok, a link is not  as handy and immediate as if you were able to see the pic straightforward. but, you can load as many pics as you want in your albums, and they look pretty nice.

ok, nothing in the world is perfect.

for instance i have problems uploading directly from the site that has some idiosyncrasy with firefox. i must use the google uploader as a separate application. no such problems that i know, with chrome (it would be an own goal), and anyway, i'm following their help forum and i am assured that google is working at this upload problem.

allright gals and guys, this just wanted to be my contribution to help getting rid of the awe and anger that invaded our forum.

anyway, everybody his way!

let's leave this pettines behind us and more than ever...happy modeling!!!

ciao. bobo.