Well alright. I think I'll stick with imgur as they have the option of resizing pics. I really like the idea that they have pre-set options to resize. So now that the issue of hosting photos is out of the way, I can get back to building and sharing models here.

There's no way I can afford that kind of money, and I'm fed up with their ads popping up all the time.

Is there a quick way to delete my photos from these guys?  I'll do it one at a time if necessary, even though it may take until I retire, but I'll do it, fighting their dang ads and dark pages all the way if necessary.

On 7/7/2017 at 8:29 PM, ikar said:

Is there a quick way to delete my photos from these guys?  I'll do it one at a time if necessary, even though it may take until I retire, but I'll do it, fighting their dang ads and dark pages all the way if necessary.

I had to delete them one at a time, since their stupid ads kept slowing down my "progress"

Fortunately I didn't have that many pics on their site.

they finally got me too,had around 80ish pictures shared in a anime/game figures related forum that barely hits 20 visitors per day aaaaaaaaaand they got me.Pics downloaded and account deleted

7 hours ago, Mizar said:

they finally got me too,had around 80ish pictures shared in a anime/game figures related forum that barely hits 20 visitors per day aaaaaaaaaand they got me.Pics downloaded and account deleted

Same here.

Imgur is temporary though---don't expect that link to work a year (or 2 months) from now.  They constantly "cycle" their stuff.  The link may still technically work---but it'll have been assigned to a new pic that someone else uploaded.  Some forums have banned Imgur for that reason---you upload a pic, but a few months later--it's been replaced with someone else's VERY not-safe-for-work photo. 

And yeah, my account is "locked down" too.  I'm not going to go through and re-do every post on every forum I've ever made.  Those posts will just "wither and die" without their pics.   (Photobucket was already INSANELY slow recently--even when I built this PC brand-new with high-end stuff, it slowed to an absolute crawl trying to upload pics, I only used it when I had to---now of course, I'll never give it a single upload or visit---$400 a year just to link...) 

Edited by David Hingtgen

I doubt you'll see any more new In-Progress threads from me (might finish off my current one of the Fouga perhaps, but not going to re-upload all the PB ones in there).

I'll probably just take a few pics of the finished article, reduce them to the tiny size required on ARC and put them in the Display Case thread.

Can't be bothered mucking about with photo-hosting sites anymore,

On 14.7.2017 at 5:45 AM, David Hingtgen said:

Imgur is temporary though---don't expect that link to work a year (or 2 months) from now.  They constantly "cycle" their stuff.  The link may still technically work---but it'll have been assigned to a new pic that someone else uploaded.  Some forums have banned Imgur for that reason---you upload a pic, but a few months later--it's been replaced with someone else's VERY not-safe-for-work photo. 

Really!? I mean many people here have recommended choosing Imgur. 

What's the point of using (otherwise excellent, as far as I've understood) Imgur if it has such an annoying feature?

Strangest thing is that I have no issue's with PB when using my desktop.....it complains about ransom ware epidemic but I have no problem accessing my pictures in the library or linking them to WIP-threads.

When using a pad or smartphone however I can't even see  my pictures in the library, only recent uploads is accessable

On 7/13/2017 at 9:45 PM, David Hingtgen said:

Not saying you are wrong but that has not been my experience with imgur-linked images.

Edited by habu2
typo

Ok, I found "the rule" from Imgur:

"As long as images are getting at least 1 view every 6 months, they will stick around forever. After that, your image may be removed to create more space for newer images."

So, if at least twice a year, someone views the pic, it should be ok.   But if it's an old thread from 2015 (or 2005!), it may have lapsed...