The display case...eh (sorry..had to do it!!!)

Annnnnnnnddd........ Iterlari, Bell 47 mostly out of the box. Add ons, metal grills used to place the stretchers on. and decals from the spare bin.

12 hours ago, phantom said:

Annnnnnnnddd........ Iterlari, Bell 47 mostly out of the box. Add ons, metal grills used to place the stretchers on. and decals from the spare bin.

Looks great. First one in.

Sean

On 06/07/2017 at 8:23 AM, phantom said:

Not seeing any pictures :hmmm:

Putting the photo back up. My first link says its still there when I try to edit. Maybe I picked the wrong photobucket replacement.

dJWRC6V.jpg

H5dJG77.jpg

CPnzIiM.jpg

Edited by phantom

Nice helo, Phantom. I was going to say "the emperor has no clothes" to your previous picture-less links, but I can see the last ones. I am using Imgur now, and it's working well for me.

ALF

• 2 weeks later...

Sabres, the first is Hasegawa with mostly kit decals. Except the Maple Leafs which Hasegawa always seems to get wrong.

TFoFd5V.jpg

The next two, Revell with Leading Edge decals.....

QrruaX0.jpg

MeHphpS.jpg

Group photo.......

DBzVDhO.jpg

My 1/48 Kinetic CF-5 Dual. Entirely OOB, including kit decals.

TVph0Rf.jpg

l2IehTm.jpg

dwPiHxd.jpg

Next to a previous build (years ago) of a Classic Airframes CF-5D in silver.

b6ftTbk.jpg

ALF

Thanks Ray!

On 19/07/2017 at 7:23 PM, Trojan Thunder said:

Nice work on the Sabres Shaun and the F-5 ALF

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

8 hours ago, martin_sam_2000 said:

great builds so far. I can't believe how fast some of you guys build!!

Sean

In response to Sean's musings about how fast some people build: 

1. Nobody, but NOBODY can beat the Phantom.

2. I learned something called the Quality Triangle as a Test Pilot at CAE (simulators). Three sides to the triangle: Schedule, Cost, Quality. In the case of models, Cost is fixed, or nearly so. Therefore, if you want quality, you need to build slowly and do it "right". I prefer to do it quickly, and accept the decrease in quality that inevitably results. The secret is finding the sweet spot of "good enough" vs taking so long I lose interest.

Looking forward to seeing some other finishers soon!

ALF

16 hours ago, ALF18 said:

2. I learned something called the Quality Triangle as a Test Pilot at CAE (simulators). Three sides to the triangle: Schedule, Cost, Quality. In the case of models, Cost is fixed, or nearly so. Therefore, if you want quality, you need to build slowly and do it "right". I prefer to do it quickly, and accept the decrease in quality that inevitably results. The secret is finding the sweet spot of "good enough" vs taking so long I lose interest.

Looking forward to seeing some other finishers soon!

ALF

I am on this path as well. I add a bit of detail for my own enjoyment but most of my models are 3 foot models..they look great as long as you stand 3 feet away!!

I just never have enough time to spend more than 20-30 min at the desk at any given time.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...