The display case...eh (sorry..had to do it!!!)

Cripes. Only 4.5 months? I'd better get cracking!

Here's my 1/72 CF-18 from Canuck Models; the boxing with the 2015 demo (Battle of Britain tribute) markings. Completely OOB, including the kit's decals.

mYWcOVi.jpg

rMAJLyW.jpg

JnB3HU8.jpg

alh7rTJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2017 at 7:09 PM, Trojan Thunder said:

A couple of nice Hornets there ALF, so what's next? I suppose I need to remove the digit and finish my Cormorant so I can get cracking on my next build.

Too much information about the status of your finger... :rolleyes: But thanks for the feedback!

Next, after my L-19, I have multiple options. It might be a 1/48 T-33, but I am also considering a 1/144 Challenger, followed by a 1/72 Challenger and 1/72 CRJ. Those Bombardier aircraft kits have been in my stash for some time, crying out to me to give them some love.

ALF

Leading Edge kit CC-144 Challenger with Canmilair decals. Had to redo the nose several times. Just did not get a good fit. Think the kit may now have more putty then resin.

BQfB9AS.jpg

TjGR9iv.jpg

W8cTKly.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATED: Found some Canmilair decals for this!

Here is my 1/48 L-19, as it flew in Baden-Soellingen (Canadian base at the time) in 1973. Not a great kit, but represents fun times flying with my father way back then, when I was in Air Cadets.

fvlwVS1.jpg

And now, for the second and FINAL time, it is done. Thanks again for following along and encouraging me through this challenging build.

XNJcKd3.jpg

0wGkNke.jpg

6RYi72y.jpg

ALF

Edited by ALF18
Found some decals for it, and updated the finished pics.
18 hours ago, ALF18 said:

Here is my 1/48 L-19, as it flew in Baden-Soellingen (Canadian base at the time) in 1973. Not a great kit, but represents fun times flying with my father way back then, when I was in Air Cadets.

ALF

Turned out good considering the kit you started with!

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

1/72 Hasegawa CP-121 Neptune. Kit decals, completely OOB.

The Blue one is a bonus I built at the same time which is NOT part of the GB, it uses almost 30 year old Arrow graphic decals.

JavUrs7.jpg

CztV6cD.jpg

yvVeUFS.jpg

Here's my CT-133 "Silver Shark" with the spoils of her debut. First in 1/72 jets at CapCon in Ottawa. Plus a bonus go-go juice cup from the four hour drive home.

Close up pictures in my main thread.

XoEkMU7.jpg?1

Edited by Grey Ghost 531

Well done, Grey Ghost 531! Looks nice.

This is my 1/144 Challenger 604, in Canadian Forces colours by Canmilair. It represents the aircraft that I hitched a ride on from Trenton to Bagotville in March 1991, returning from 5 months in Bahrain during the first Gulf War. The Defence Minister had used it to fly to Trenton to greet our 707, and when he found out 5 of us were supposed to take a bus, train, then flight to Bagotville after having endured 22 hours in the 707, he asked the crew to fly us to Bagotville direct.

oS96KRn.jpg

7AmehJb.jpg

y0E4t9M.jpg

1/144 is NOT my scale, but this little guy looks cute.

ALF

I saw your build at CAPCON, very nice in person; definitely a stand out on the table for me :)

On 02/10/2017 at 6:00 PM, Grey Ghost 531 said:

Here's my CT-133 "Silver Shark" with the spoils of her debut. First in 1/72 jets at CapCon in Ottawa. Plus a bonus go-go juice cup from the four hour drive home.

My 1/144 Big Planes Kits Bombardier CRJ 100, in Air France livery. I call this a learning experience. Kit decals; they shredded a lot, and I had to use decal film, but it was too late for the AIR FRANCE logos.

HVg5c9y.jpg

aKGFGAT.jpg

ALF

1/48 HOS-3 or S-51 helicopter by AMP. Big time typical short run kit. But the clear parts which are really the forward half of the model were in shattered pieces. So after glueing them back together some plastic strips were still needed to fix the holes. The rotor is.......not well balanced. Had to glue it solid in place as it would not sit flush at any angle. But in the end its done. The decals that came with the kit appeared very nice. But the customer of course preferred a nice Canadian bird. So I hit up the spare bin. Also had to modify the tail as our in late service only had two blades. Not the three that the kit came with.

uPc9xXk.jpgIJ64psT.jpg

Edited by phantom