1:350/1:700 U.S. Navy Aircraft Carrier Hangar Bay and 1:350 Air Wing Decal Sets

I am building a 1:350 USS Carl Vinson.

While doing the hangar deck I realized there are no aftermarket sets for the hangar bay signs and logo's. So I found pictures and made my own.

Since I have a Hi-res picture to print out my decals, I can email you a Hi-res picture where you can print out your own set for your U.S. Navy modern carrier. Just let me know the ship and the air wing you will be using and I will put those logo's on the sheet.

Here is a picture of what you get. You just need to print and seal them on decal paper. The safety stripes are "cut to size"

34792783454_dabe8941cf_b.jpg

Here are some pictures of the hangar bay on my ship:

19437304_10209479388329077_7768764344667

19554121_10209533955613225_9763126794330

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Dlj60 said:

Hello

I wonder if these can be use in Enterprise or NImitz?

Thanks and please kidnly PM me.

Have a great weekend!

Yes these decals can be used for any modern aircraft carrier. The same signs and warnings have been used since the early 1960's on all class of carriers.

So if you are building the Enterprise, Nimitz class, Kitty Hawk, or J.F. Kennedy in 1/350 scale these will add a realistic feature to the hangar bay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I wonder if you will do me a set for Kitty Hawk first, I believe the airwing is CVW 1, with Super Hornet F/A-18E/F.....

Thank you very much and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Have a great weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

Oohhh yes please! May I have a set for the Enterprise? That would be great! 

Yes you can! Just let me know what year or what carrier air wing you are doing and send me your Email in a message.

I will Email you the sheet and I will also Email you the flight deck light drawing for placement of all the lights.

19 hours ago, Wolfman_63 said:

Yes you can! Just let me know what year or what carrier air wing you are doing and send me your Email in a message.

I will Email you the sheet and I will also Email you the flight deck light drawing for placement of all the lights.

Beaut! PM inbound! Thanks mate

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2017 at 8:36 PM, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

I'd like a set for the Enterprise during the 1974-75 cruise. I didnt' see a way to contact you offline. Let me know how I can make this happen. Thanks.

No problem, I sent you a private message with my Email address.

• 1 year later...

I have added many new decals to the decal page. You can now get the US Navy modern aircraft carrier hangar bay decal sets in 1/350 scale and now in 1/700 - 1/720 scale! I have also added a couple of sets for the 1/350 USS Wasp class amphibious assault ship (LDH) hangar bays! They will add a level of realism to the hangars on your model ships. You can see all the details on my decal page at https://davidsscalemodels.com/decals/

• 3 years later...

I have opened up a store on my website to make it easier to purchase the U.S. Navy Aircraft Carrier Hangar Bay and Air Wing Decal Sets. The hangar bay decal sets cover U.S. Navy CV, CVN, LPD, LHD, and LHA class ships. These decal sets provide all the signs, logos, murals and stripes used on the ships. I have both 1:350 and 1:700/1:720 scales

The air wing decal sets cover specific ships and a specific cruise in 1:350 scale. These sets cover all the aircraft that were aboard during that cruise including the tail designs, aircraft numbering, and squadrons. 

You can purchase these in my store at Products – David's Scale Models (davidsscalemodels.com)

I ship worldwide via USPS.

Here are some sample photos. This is for the 1/350 USS Enterprise CVN-65 for the hangar bay set and the Air wing sample is for the 1984-1985 CVW-11 which was aboard during the filming of the movie "Top Gun"

[img]USS-ENTERPRISE-CVN-65-SAMP.jpg (1013×1318) (wp.com)[/img]

[img]cvw11_65_1-sample.jpg (1280×1600) (wp.com)[/img]

[img]cvw11_65_2-sample.jpg (1280×1600) (wp.com)[/img]

Edited by Wolfman_63
  • Wolfman_63 changed the title to 1:350/1:700 U.S. Navy Aircraft Carrier Hangar Bay and 1:350 Air Wing Decal Sets