1:350 USS Carl Vinson Project

Congratulations on a superb build there Wolfman. The lighting is very nice and it's the first time I have seen someone light a flight deck (you beat me to it)

Those aircraft are beautiful and extremely well painted for such a small plane

The case is amazing. I wish I knew of someone here in Aus who would make such a case. I'd love to have one

So, what's up next?

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested in lighting their ship models, I wrote a "How To" article for Flagship Models.

Coming very soon from Flagship Models Inc. is our latest "How To" ship modeling CD. With so many model ships showing up here and at shows with LED lighting installed, we have been getting lots of requests for a new CD to explain how it's done. Dave Kopielski just completed one the most extensively lit carrier models yet and is the subject of our next how to CD. Check out our web site for the latest details at: www.flagshipmodels.com

27972541_1706383676051775_8166611046990306032_n.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

FYI,

White Landing Area lights shine aft only. The Red Foul Line lights shine forward only. They are all recessed into the deck with flush deck plates grooved to allow the light to emit in one direction.

BTW... Nice model!

Tracy

4 hours ago, Vidar_710 said:

FYI,

White Landing Area lights shine aft only. The Red Foul Line lights shine forward only. They are all recessed into the deck with flush deck plates grooved to allow the light to emit in one direction.

BTW... Nice model!

Tracy

Yes I know the lights only shine in a particular direction. I was aboard the Vinson during the 1983 world cruise. 1/350 scale makes it difficult to make directional covers.

The safe parking lights (foul line) on the Vinson in 1983 were blue.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

UPDATE: On August 8th 2019 We CAREFULLY load the ship in the back of our SUV and drove over 600 miles to the beautiful city of Chattanooga Tennessee to attend the IPMS Nation convention. The model was entered  into the contest under class 401 “1/350 Aircraft Carrier” On Saturday August 10th we attended the award ceremony and the USS Carl Vinson won first place in it class! The model survived the trip there and back with no issues. I also would like to mention that the Chattanooga IPMS chapter hosted an awesome show. This was my first time at a national convention and it was great!

Check out the photos of the model in my Gallery on my Blog https://davidsscalemodels.com/gallery/uss-carl-vinson-project/

401_3.jpg

dscn2353.jpg

dscn2355.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...