Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
galfa

Kitty Hawk 1:48 Su-34

Recommended Posts

Now we have two 1:48 

 

Edited by galfa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your replies. I was very surprised to see was already on eBay.

 

However, given that I do not want to advertise an auction, I just deleted the link.

Edited by galfa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I saw release end of Feb or early Mar but can't seem to find where I saw it. May have been mentioned in one of the  Su-35 threads here on ARC recently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time Kitty Hawk posted anything on Facebook about the Su-34 was last Nov. They said they were reworking the CAD to correct errors. The last time Kitty Hawk posted anything was Jan 21. Their website remains down and Cybermodeler removed all upcoming releases from Kitty Hawk from their list with the exception of a 1/32 F-5E. I don't know what is going on with them. Has anyone heard anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, looks like its been released! Saw one for sale on eBay. Hong Kong vendor. 78 bucks and change. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mstor said:

Well, looks like its been released! Saw one for sale on eBay. Hong Kong vendor. 78 bucks and change. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

 

Sincerehobby still say "Estimated Launch Date: 05-2018" and 62USD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very concerned, the latest Su-35 is almost perfect because of input from some members of this forum, there was no active input for this kit so it may have problems!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

I am very concerned, the latest Su-35 is almost perfect because of input from some members of this forum, there was no active input for this kit so it may have problems!

 

I think you may have Kitty Hawk and Great Wall Hobby confused. 

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

there was no active input for this kit so it may have problems!

Isn't it possible that some people help producers without talking about it on forums ?

Producing a model kit is an industrial project. Engineering is the art of making compromises: the budget is finite, there are constraints on the number and size of sprues, on the tooling quality that can be achieved, etc. Most of the times a contributor doesn't hold the purse so he doesn't decide in the end. Consultants don't decide, that's supposed to be the manager's job. Stating publically that one is associated to the development of a particular kit is a difficult position as public may consider that the person endorsed decisions that he won't have taken.

Edited by Laurent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Laurent said:

Isn't it possible that some people help producers without talking about it on forums ?

Producing a model kit is an industrial project. Engineering is the art of making compromises: the budget is finite, there are constraints on the number and size of sprues, on the tooling quality that can be achieved, etc. Most of the times a contributor doesn't hold the purse so he doesn't decide in the end. Consultants don't decide, that's supposed to be the manager's job. Stating publically that one is associated to the development of a particular kit is a difficult position as public may consider that the person endorsed decisions that he won't have taken.

 

Yes. Personally, I'm just happy to hear that it's finally being released, and look forward to seeing some reviews and/or builds. Possibly something like the Flank-off on Doog's Model's blog site & youtube channel. Nice! We live in good times for modelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all I can say was the KH MiG-25 had issues that essentially could not be corrected, whereas the GWH has only a few minor ones.  I think the direct input from modelers in this forum helps to create better kits, I hope the KH is perfect and even if its close but able to be corrected i will buy it.  Its a great time for modeling with all the information we can get to make better replicas.  I'm excited to see it, I only wish I could find soviet/russian pilots that work for me, many of the good figures have no oxygen mask on, the only time I see pilots in pictures w/o masks is in the movie Top Gun  hahahahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't seem to have shown up anywhere else besides the eBay auctions. I guess it is still a big question mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/04/2018 at 2:14 PM, DarkKnight said:

I think the direct input from modelers in this forum helps to create better kits

Yes but it's useless unless the kit producer takes in account of these feedbacks during the CAD design phase. Retooling can be an option only if the producer has tooling and injection capability which is often not the case. Retooling is a waste of ressources and hits kit profitability badly so it must be avoided. The efficient way to do things is to makes the "expertens" contribute during the design of the kit. This is what GWH did on the Su-35. The fact that the tooling quality changed since the MiG-29s and F-15s may be an indication that it wasn't the case before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mstor said:

Doesn't seem to have shown up anywhere else besides the eBay auctions. I guess it is still a big question mark.

 

I cannot find it on ebay either. can you share a link?  

 

that means it is really out though. that is good. 

Edited by foxmulder_ms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

 

I cannot find it on ebay either. can you share a link?  

 

that means it is really out though. that is good. 

 

I don't have it anymore. The auction ended so I deleted it from my watch list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Take note thecprice on the Hobbyboss SU-34 has fallen massively in the last few weeks you can get them now for under 100USD...

Taking advantage of the early release now dropping the price to stay competitive...

 

Edited by dehowie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Su-34 is beautiful aircraft - and looks gorgeous.... is too a massive, huge..... one of biggest fighter bomber jets ever.... HB is expensive and inaccurate..... I too wait for KH and hope a kit was better as HB.... Ironicaly - a two decades old 1/72 kit from Italeri is overall better as modern HB ! LoL !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×