Two 1/48 Su-34: And the winner is...

My GWH Su-35 has the ECM pods and I can just use those. Problem solved!

Also, I have to buy a few more of the (Aires) Aerobonus SU-27 pilot in seat for this kit. They should fit nicely. Glad the head and arms are molded separately.

Edited by Wizard_rkt
1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Now in stock at Sprue Bros.

$87.99. A bit more than what I payed, but probably would have evened up after shipping added. Oh well.

Edit: Just checked, more than I payed with shipping. I guess I can be happy about that, of course last time I checked the package was still sitting at the Hong Kong airport waiting to board a plane.

Edited by Mstor
1 minute ago, flanker27 said:

And mine has been seating in ISC San Francisco since Monday

Oh bummer!  Mine is building nicely......awesome build so far. I have two more that are coming on the slow-boat, but this one was a fast one from Amazon...ordered June 7...arrived June 13th. Yee-freakin'-haa!

The build so far.....medium amounts of flash...weird fit issues, but it all goes together. Interesting enough, the directions give you one set of rudder pedals that get mounted between the middle console...pilot gets left rudder pedal and co-pilot gets right rudder pedal. Yep, its even in the instructions that way. This first kit of three is being done exactly as instructions call-out....oob build.

I'm still loving the  kit so far.  

The lip on the underside of cockpit floor (C38) that connects it to the lower fuselage half should be shaved off otherwise the front of the nose gear bay will not sit properly.....dry fit this all and see for yourself though. 

The flight sticks (E36) are molded onto the sprue in a unique spot that leave them prone to breakage and make for a brittle separation from that sprue tree.

25 minutes ago, Wizard_rkt said:

pilot gets left rudder pedal and co-pilot gets right rudder pedal.

Brings a new meaning to the term "coordinated turn"...   :)

9 hours ago, Specter1075 said:

Anyone else get a shipping notification from HobbyEasy? Mine has been stuck on "Request Seller Confirm" since the release date.

When I checked the product listing it's status was back to preorder. I think they may have sold all their first shipment.

11 minutes ago, Specter1075 said:

That sucks. They won't let me cancel at this point either, so I guess I'm stuck waiting. Don't suppose anyone knows how to get in contact with them? Their website does a good job at hiding that part...

At the very bottom of their websites pages is a small link "Contact us". You can click on it and send them a message. Best to login and copy your order number first. There is a field where you can enter your order number when you enter the message to send. They are usually pretty good about answering, though it may take a few days.

On 6/13/2018 at 6:18 PM, Wizard_rkt said:

My GWH Su-35 has the ECM pods and I can just use those. Problem solved!

You are wrongly assuming ECM pods on Su-35S and Su-34 are the same.

On 6/15/2018 at 1:27 PM, Specter1075 said:

Anyone else get a shipping notification from HobbyEasy? Mine has been stuck on "Request Seller Confirm" since the release date.

Mine too

Mine arrived today directly from Asia to europe, no taxes paid luckily.

42828045662_2bc7302c1e_b.jpg35686903_10156447347732354_7089627559737950208_n by Chrysostomos Deliyiannis, on Flickr

42828045812_473706c222_b.jpg35547722_10156447348312354_1184239568610656256_n by Chrysostomos Deliyiannis, on Flickr

42876075081_804561a624_k.jpg20180618_134756 by Chrysostomos Deliyiannis, on Flickr

and the box lid makes it for a nice house for the cat 🙂

29004135948_43957a7a1a_k.jpg20180618_135100 by Chrysostomos Deliyiannis, on Flickr

42827930002_c2a2ed11e5_k.jpgNew Doc 2018-06-18_4 by Chrysostomos Deliyiannis, on Flickr

Edited by tomdelis

Mine are finally out of Hong Kong and in the Windy City (Chicago for the uninitiated). Expected to arrive this Wednesday. Yippee!

Lately packages from the Far East have been going straight to Chicago. They used to end up in New York first. I could never figure that out. Well, small favors 😌

On 6/6/2018 at 3:23 PM, Solo said:

Very nice resins:

photo_2018-06-06_15-10-47.jpg

Where did you get the kit from ? Standard kits don't seem to come with figures and Sorbtsiya resin parts.